07-04-09 01:14 PM
122 ... 2345
tools
    So far so good since I disable the 3g... The battery life has doubled for the most part. Usueally I have to plug it in the truck, but I'm testing it and it just lost the first little bar today. With the 3g, it would've been down 2 at least. I watched CNN video and it streamed fine...not sure the big appeal of 3g, but I'll switch back when I need internet fast.
    03-24-09 03:44 PM
    im on .247 and i get crazy drop calls in a solid 3g area. im in buckhead/brookhaven area in GA. i've notice i get more drop calls with the 9000 than the curve 8320 or the 8900, which i own.
    03-24-09 09:01 PM
    I have an unlocked Rogers phone and using AT&T service. There's only one issue that I have with putting it on 2G only: 3G is CDMA-based, while 2G is TDMA- which causes interference with almost anything that has speakers: my laptop, my tv, my car.

Other than it, it does save on battery life, especially when I'm in locations where the 3G signal is weak.
    03-24-09 10:57 PM
    I have that same problem...I keep the phone away from the computer and speakers....I can always tell when I'm getting a message or call by the interference.
    03-25-09 12:13 PM
    Dropped calls here in northern NJ/NYC is a normal occurrence with at&t. I get at least 10 dropped calls a week with them. This is with full 3G signal too. I either get the dreaded "call failed" or calls would go straight to VM!
    03-25-09 01:47 PM
    There is a much easier way to disable 3G without debranding. Access the escreen and dig around a bit and you can find the options to disable most anything you want. Just be careful or you will have to reload your OS. Make sure to write down any steps and changes you make in the order you made them so you can back them out if neede. Much easier to do, and as long as you do your research before you make any changes you should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 06:33 PM
    There is a much easier way to disable 3G without debranding. Access the escreen and dig around a bit and you can find the options to disable most anything you want. Just be careful or you will have to reload your OS. Make sure to write down any steps and changes you make in the order you made them so you can back them out if neede. Much easier to do, and as long as you do your research before you make any changes you should be fine.

Access what is the escreen? If it was that easy, it would've been posed already...
    How do you access the escreen?
    03-25-09 07:54 PM

No way. Well, I do not need to do this, but perhaps someone who does can use this info. I hope they are careful however. It seems a bit tricky.
    03-25-09 07:56 PM
    Mass Storage not working...

Everything seems to be working fine, except the mass storage when I hook it up to the PC. Everything is enabled, but no dice. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    03-25-09 08:01 PM
    Is it enabled from the settings on your phone?

03-25-09 08:17 PM

Im waiting until my 30 day trial is over and then I'm going to do exactly what Braceiri did. I drive all over the NY metro area all day and the OS upgrade DOES NOT fix the 3g dropping to EDGE. But this advice upstairs, with the escreen and the digging, call me ignint, but it sounds impossible
    03-25-09 09:13 PM
    Im waiting until my 30 day trial is over and then I'm going to do exactly what Braceiri did. I drive all over the NY metro area all day and the OS upgrade DOES NOT fix the 3g dropping to EDGE. But this advice upstairs, with the escreen and the digging, call me ignint, but it sounds impossible
    Ha. I have not seen "ignint" in a while.
    03-25-09 09:14 PM
    Mass Storage not working...

Everything seems to be working fine, except the mass storage when I hook it up to the PC. Everything is enabled, but no dice. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Hey Brancieri, I found this on another site

It is possible to re-enable the mass storage..

follow the following commands to re-enable it:
    Hold down alt+SHIFT+H together, This will bring you into an engineering screen
    Select OS Engineering Screen
    Select USB
    Select Port Information
    Change option on Mass Storage(MS) to Enabled
    Also make sure its enable in your settings.
    03-25-09 09:30 PM

Select USB
    Select Port Information
    Hi,

Thanks for the info, but it didn't work...there is no way to select anything. It just basically gave me some info with no selection options...I'll keep looking....thanks.
    03-26-09 02:23 AM
    How do I turn off 3G in the escreen? Is disabling hsdpa the same as disabling 3G? I disabled my hsdpa, but the 3G symbol still shows next to my signal bar.
    03-26-09 02:39 AM
    When verizon goes through they're switch to GSM, it will be a very bumpy experience, so be prepared. Just something to think about, again it wireless. We all need to be furtunate and happy that we dont have to line up at a payphone, and can use it mostly where and when we want. Sorry for the rant.
    Why would Verizon switch to GSM?

Traditional GSM and EDGE is actually a TDMA system, a rather archaic and primitive form of multi-user comm distribution. Not to mention is is insecure and has interference issues with audio devices. CDMA is actually the better form of communication.

This is why 3G (UMTS/HSDPA) actually in fact CDMA (WCDMA), not the traditional TDMA.
    03-26-09 02:43 AM
    Found this:

Found the solution on pinstack!

Original thread - PinStack.com Forums

Link to the updated version: rapidshare . c 0 m / files / 172162874 / repair . rar

I did this on both an 8310 and 9000 which were unlocked using MFI Multi-Loader and lost mass storage. Now BOTH work perfectlyhis:

I downloaded the file, but how do you fix it? Do you open desktop and transfer it to the Bold or???
    03-26-09 03:07 AM
    Found this:

Found the solution on pinstack!

Original thread - PinStack.com Forums

Link to the updated version: rapidshare . c 0 m / files / 172162874 / repair . rar

I did this on both an 8310 and 9000 which were unlocked using MFI Multi-Loader and lost mass storage. Now BOTH work perfectlyhis:

I downloaded the file, but how do you fix it? Do you open desktop and transfer it to the Bold or???
    Not sure if you can talk about anything pertaining to the "mfi multi-loader" in these forums. I could be wrong though. Sign up over in pinstack and ask over there.

03-26-09 04:27 AM
    Ummmm, why not? Aren't the forums so we can help each other with issues we are having?
    03-26-09 12:43 PM
    Still can't access the Mass storage. It's not a huge deal, but without it, can't access the internal 1 gig card to store or transfer files...
    03-26-09 12:44 PM
    Do a search for the following file on google:

bb activation new.rar

hook BBerry to comp without DM running.

run the bat file.
    Push any button on keyboard.
    let bb reboot.
    once rebooted, close the dos window on your computer.

This iwll fix your mass storage issue.

As this is a user made program, there is nothing bad about discussing it.
    03-26-09 02:33 PM
    Unless he has generated an escreen code for his BOLD he only has access to a Help Me screen. You have to type your escreen code in there to unlock the screen to make changes.

Select USB
    Select Port Information
    03-26-09 02:40 PM
    I have said this before but I have NEVER had a dropped call with AT&T. And I have been with them since before time. It must really pay to live and work in the same community that AT&T has their headquarters (Redmond, WA).
    03-26-09 02:59 PM
    The mfi loader, again, unless you really take some time to understand it you can really jack your phone up.

As far as changes from either escreen or mfi, I can't stress enough to do your research before you jump in thinking your blackberry-fu is strong because you are on this forum or you know how to download and install new themes. Oh, and yes there is more to it than just killing hsdpa. Read around on some articles about the different mobile bands, acronyms and gain some knowledge before diving in so you can understand what you are actually doing rather than dive blindly into a 2 foot deep pool. I know I may sound like an A$$, but the answers to any questions anyone has on any of the discussed methods involved in this thread are readily available online. While you may have to read a few different docs on how specific signals and networks relate it will be well worthwhile when you can understand what all the info you are looking at means. At least that's the way I did it and can say I learned a lot more than I probably will ever use about cellular/mobile communications.

03-26-09 03:00 PM
    Do a search for the following file on google:

bb activation new.rar

hook BBerry to comp without DM running.

run the bat file.
    Push any button on keyboard.
    let bb reboot.
    once rebooted, close the dos window on your computer.

This iwll fix your mass storage issue.

As this is a user made program, there is nothing bad about discussing it.

I downlaoded a fille; "BB Mass Storage repair.rar...

when I open and try to run it gives me the window:

"Windows cannot open this file:......"

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    03-27-09 11:05 AM
122 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD