Would somebody please E-mail me the instructions?

Thanks,
    Ed
    [email protected]
    Check ur pms...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 12:59 AM
    yeah check your PM's
    03-23-09 01:04 AM
    pm 2 guys... me 2 me 2
    03-23-09 01:28 AM
    Thank you very much.
    03-23-09 01:35 AM
    Just remember the possible consequences when using the software...

03-23-09 04:04 AM
    Well, I tried it and I'm having trouble. I'd rather pay somebody to do it. I don't want to freeze my phone or "brick" it. That would really suck. And please stop telling me it's "illegal." I bought the phone and I pay a **** of a lot for service. I should be able to do what I want with it.

Thank all of you for your help.
    03-23-09 11:00 AM
    Weird.. I've been with AT&T for years and can't remember my last dropped call.
    03-23-09 01:09 PM
    Can I get a PM as well plz?
    03-23-09 01:14 PM
    It looks like AT&T is starting to become the new Verizon (Verizon is notorious for locking out features and rendering some options to be proprietary on their phones). Just recently, AT&T set up their service books so that BlackBerry Maps is blocked out from usage.
    Blocking BB maps is more of a courtesy than anything...
    03-23-09 01:19 PM
    Wow this is exactly why I switched back to verizon after owning the bold for about 29 days. I live in D.C and constantly would get call failed and dropped calls even while standing still in my house. I had verizon for about 4 years before and never had one drop call that I can remember (not b.sing u either). I switched to att to get the bold and the phone was great but the service was terrible. I called tech support daily for about 3 days and they said I was in an excellent coverage area and didnt know what to do. I switched sim cards, didnt help, switched phones didnt help either so I ending up switching back to verizon. I think most of the people saying its a cell phone its gonna drop calls eventually just are used to it, but me and probably the op are not coming from verizon. I think you just got to make a choice wiether u want a cool phone, or a reliable network.
    03-23-09 01:48 PM
    Depends where you live. I got far more dropped calls on Sprint which is supposedly "more reliable", but haven't gotten any on AT&T. Besides, nobody is gonna miss you if you go to Verizon anyways.
    03-23-09 02:08 PM
    Holladay42, not sure where you live in DC but I too live near DC and switched from Sprint to ATT and have never had a dropped call. I traveled this weekend down to Goshen VA and phone switched to edge etc. and I never had a problem. Hope you have better luck with Verizon for my Bold and ATT are working GREAT!
    03-23-09 02:40 PM
    Has anyone who has unbranded/debranded experienced better call quality, fewer dropped calls?
    03-23-09 04:36 PM
    Wow this is exactly why I switched back to verizon after owning the bold for about 29 days. I live in D.C and constantly would get call failed and dropped calls even while standing still in my house. I had verizon for about 4 years before and never had one drop call that I can remember (not b.sing u either). I switched to att to get the bold and the phone was great but the service was terrible. I called tech support daily for about 3 days and they said I was in an excellent coverage area and didnt know what to do. I switched sim cards, didnt help, switched phones didnt help either so I ending up switching back to verizon. I think most of the people saying its a cell phone its gonna drop calls eventually just are used to it, but me and probably the op are not coming from verizon. I think you just got to make a choice wiether u want a cool phone, or a reliable network.
    not the same old tired nonsense from a verizon user...can you people come up with anything else other than the old tired "we have a better network" nonsense??? amazing how i travel up and down the east coast with no issues ..
    maybe you should have upgraded the OS on your supposed Bold that you had
    common knowledge is that the .162 and .167 OS were buggy and couldnt hold a 3G signal or handle the switch from 2G to 3G
    03-23-09 05:00 PM
    I have had the Bold since just before X-mas and have had random dropped calls. I honestly thought it was just me. It wasn't until I came to this forum that I realized I wasn't the only one with this problem. I can't say that there is one special spot where calls usually drop. I was standing on the roof of my office building with solid bars on 3g, having a conversation when all of a sudden I was talking to myself. I looked at the phone and it was on EDGE. I have no idea why it switched from 3G to EDGE, but it did. Moments later it was back on solid 3G. This definitely told me that the problem is with the handoff between 3G and EDGE. I don't fully understand the wireless architecture that AT&T uses in their 3G network and how that network ties to legacy architecture, so I won't speculate. I just know that there are issues and it can be annoying to explain to a client that your mobile has trouble staying connected.

Like all new technologies, there are going to be growing pains. I just hope this one gets fixed soon....either by AT&T with their network infratructure or by RIM with a new firmware update (I'm on .247 BTW).
    Last edited by ka3yan; 03-23-09 at 05:03 PM. Reason: needed better proof reading
    03-23-09 05:02 PM
    that the .162 and .167 OS were buggy and couldnt hold a 3G signal or handle the switch from 2G to 3G
    Actually my Bold is still running .167 and I have zero 3G issues(the rare drop from 3G>>2g is smooth as well). My bet is that ATT was doing some maintenance in the DC area and that was causing the issues. It's hard to get that info from a CSR. I finally did, and since the local tower maintenance ended, I've not lost 3G or dropped a call since.

BTW, I'm in Tulsa Oklahoma and if I can get 24/7 3G signal here, one would think you can get it most anywhere. Again, as long as they are not working on your local network.
    Last edited by Marine One; 03-23-09 at 05:12 PM.
    03-23-09 05:10 PM
    Has anyone who has unbranded/debranded experienced better call quality, fewer dropped calls?
    Yes and no.

With an unbranded bold you have the ability to change you voice codec from default (AMRi hr/fr) to constantly be on the amr-fr setting which is better call quality.
    The bold from at and t will switch between fr and hour depending on network usage.

As for better signal, that is dependent on the carrier and you OS version. Advantage is that if you are in a sketchy 3g are you can disable the 3g feature so that your phone will always be on edge and reduce the lost calls from 3g to 2g switch.

Debranding your phone is not illegal but the software to do it was leaked from RIM and not authorized for public use. There is a post for layman on the gsm forums that lays out the way to do it and has compiled the info from numerous sources.

03-23-09 07:01 PM
    Actually my Bold is still running .167 and I have zero 3G issues(the rare drop from 3G>>2g is smooth as well). My bet is that ATT was doing some maintenance in the DC area and that was causing the issues. It's hard to get that info from a CSR. I finally did, and since the local tower maintenance ended, I've not lost 3G or dropped a call since.

BTW, I'm in Tulsa Oklahoma and if I can get 24/7 3G signal here, one would think you can get it most anywhere. Again, as long as they are not working on your local network.
    167 is not all that buggy, so I concur with that statement. Actually, I agree with your whole post.
    03-23-09 07:08 PM
    I had the phone unlocked/debranded today. It is with T-Mobile software I guess because it says T-Moble on some of the start up screens. Everything works well and the 3g or 2g switch is there, which is the main reason for the unlocking/debranding.

However, the blackberry messenger is not working. I reloaded it and have requested other BB users, but they are not getting it and they have sent me an invitation, but I did not get it...any suggestions?

Thank you,
    03-24-09 12:31 AM
    Think I figured it out, had to send service books...
    03-24-09 01:19 AM
    Please report back and let me know if your dropped call issue is totally resolved. Thanks.

03-24-09 09:20 AM
    I don't think it will be totally resolved, but I think it should help. My buddy has an Iphone and when I disable the 3g, it made a big difference. I'll keep you posted.
    03-24-09 11:41 AM
    Glad you got things right with your Bold.
    03-24-09 11:49 AM
    Blocking BB maps is more of a courtesy than anything...
    papped, how so? I definitely used google maps much more than BB Maps, but how is blocking out BB Maps (or any app for that matter) considered a courtesy?
    03-24-09 01:27 PM
    BB maps sucks worse than all it's competitors and for most people just takes up storage space.
    03-24-09 01:30 PM
122 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD