Hi all,

I'm new to using blackberries, and I just recently bought the bold 9650. I haven't had any problems whatsoever, but I keep seeing stuff on the forums that mention 'training' the battery to increase its performance. Can someone please help a noob, and give me directions on how to maximize my battery's performance?
    06-14-10 04:49 PM
    Your battery likes to be charged as often as it can be...
    06-15-10 01:27 AM
    Just use it and charge it. You don't have to do anything special. You'll see your battery life improve over the course of the next 2-3 weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 01:36 AM
    The only thing I've been able to train my battery to do is play dead...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 02:46 AM
    i think its all hogwash..

since i dont know anyone (including me) who actually was able to follow the instructions and patiently fully charge the battery before initial use, its not surprising that battery life improves for a little while..
    06-15-10 05:41 AM
    The current batteries in phones now-a-days don't require any conditioning. These batteries loved to be charged, and fully discharging them can actually harm the battery itself. Like everyone else said, just charge the phone every night, or when needed.
    06-15-10 06:47 AM
    What folks said already is right. Charge often and deeply. More information here Welcome to Battery University if you read the parts about Li-ion batteries.
    06-15-10 06:56 AM
    i think its all hogwash..

since i dont know anyone (including me) who actually was able to follow the instructions and patiently fully charge the battery before initial use, its not surprising that battery life improves for a little while..
    Actually, I did. It was painful, but I did.
    06-15-10 08:35 AM
    ive had my phone for 3 weeks now...so i did a battery drain..took it off the charger at 3pm, got to work at 4, had nothing to do so i downloaded about 8 apps, couple themes, lots of sms/bbm and some email, and a LOT of web browsing...at 9pm the battery was at 5%.

Pretty impressed considering my Status shows my reception from -103 to -110 or no signal the whole time.
    06-15-10 09:28 AM
    Tell it to sit, stay and charge. Make sure you give it lots of treats when its being good.
    06-15-10 09:36 AM
    ive had my phone for 3 weeks now...so i did a battery drain..took it off the charger at 3pm, got to work at 4, had nothing to do so i downloaded about 8 apps, couple themes, lots of sms/bbm and some email, and a LOT of web browsing...at 9pm the battery was at 5%.

Pretty impressed considering my Status shows my reception from -103 to -110 or no signal the whole time.
    Imagine if you DIDN'T drain the battery. Lith-ion batteries hate it when you drain them.
    06-15-10 09:41 AM
    The only thing I've been able to train my battery to do is play dead...
    Tell it to sit, stay and charge. Make sure you give it lots of treats when its being good.
    Funny stuff! Now, that's wit! ...they say wit is a strong sign of intelligence.
    06-15-10 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD