Hello friendly users,

Does anyone have current info on how to have two way sync work between google and blackberry calendars os 6?

I installed google sync for mobile. google doesn't offer help in syncing two ways. google entries show on my bb; however, new bb entries do no show on google.
    google doesn't offer help in this matter and I visited many forum and threads which make matters more confusing. This seems to be a common problem for many users.

I would like to be able to input information on both calendars and have them sync both ways. More so, and ideally if possible, use my iCal on mac os to view all entries.

Appreciate any assistance.
    Lee
    10-26-11 04:39 PM
    I did more research and found a tip to resolve the two way sync problem. On google forum someone suggested that removing the facebook application will fix the issue.
    here is the thread:
    Blackberry-to-Google sync issues - Calendar Help

Since FB app isn't important for me on my bb, I removed it and my sync is working two ways fine, so to an extend, this seems to fix the issue. Note: only new entries in bb calendar after removing fb are synced into google calendar and none of the existing ones.

I am still open to suggestions is a better one comes along.

Now moving on to finding a way to sync bb tasks with gmail. Any suggestions here also appreciated.

Tnx
    Lee
    10-26-11 08:51 PM
    I did more research and found a tip to resolve the two way sync problem. On google forum someone suggested that removing the facebook application will fix the issue.
    here is the thread:
    Blackberry-to-Google sync issues - Calendar Help

Since FB app isn't important for me on my bb, I removed it and my sync is working two ways fine, so to an extend, this seems to fix the issue. Note: only new entries in bb calendar after removing fb are synced into google calendar and none of the existing ones.

I am still open to suggestions is a better one comes along.

Now moving on to finding a way to sync bb tasks with gmail. Any suggestions here also appreciated.

Tnx
    Lee
    Are you wiressly syncing with BIS or with the IMAP from google acc?

I would suggest you to try and use simply DM with Outllook. It works great and is one of the Pros thing you can't miss if you rock a BB.

You can choose to sync One, Two, bilateral, way for Contacts, Calendars,Task, Memos with all the different categories

EDIT It can also be used cordlessly with Bluetooth really helpful when you're on the go with a Laptop or PC.
    Last edited by Spartacus_82; 10-29-11 at 11:05 PM.
    10-29-11 11:03 PM
    @ Spartacus,
    Thank you for your reply!

Hope this answers your question; sorry, I am not tech savvy...
    I use the mobile google sync app to sync blackberry and gmail calendars wirelessly. Google Sync for your phone
    So far, after removing facebook app, it works well. I had a few glitches with duplicates - but after some playing around, I had it resolved.

Thank for the outlook suggestion. However, I use Mail and iCal on my mac OS which I quite love to use.

So far, my calendars and address books are well synced between iCal, Gmail and blackberry. Just missing a good task manager sync solution.

Thank again.
    Lee
    10-29-11 11:23 PM
    @ Spartacus,
    Thank you for your reply!

Hope this answers your question; sorry, I am not tech savvy...
    I use the mobile google sync app to sync blackberry and gmail calendars wirelessly. Google Sync for your phone
    So far, after removing facebook app, it works well. I had a few glitches with duplicates - but after some playing around, I had it resolved.

Thank for the outlook suggestion. However, I use Mail and iCal on my mac OS which I quite love to use.

So far, my calendars and address books are well synced between iCal, Gmail and blackberry. Just missing a good task manager sync solution.

Thank again.
    Lee
    You're welcome Sir.,
    No need to install google sync app. IMAP gmail acc get calendar and contacts synced by only flagging the ceckbox under sync options on your BIS account from your phone or PC.
    No need of an app BIS does it for you
    diegonei likes this.
    10-30-11 12:30 AM
    I hope BB does something soon to be able for a two way sync calendars and contacts. presently i'm using Google but I want to use outlook and Z10 either way.
    I agree need a good task manager sync solution or update Remember !
    06-02-13 09:54 PM
    @Corday JC: Two way sync between a BB and Outlook already works. And works well. I use it often. Especially for Calendar and Contacts. (This has been a core Blackberry feature for many many years now. First time I touched a Blackberry was to sync it for a client)

Biggest tip is to start off by backing up your current Outlook. then do a one way sync from phone to Outlook to check it is working. Then do a one way sync from Outlook to phone. Again check. Then, when you are happy, put it into full two-way automatic sync mode.

Any Google sync issues will purely be a Google thing - but as noted above even that mess will work once Facebook is shot. (I guess because Facebook is trying to take over the phone's address book and therefore blocking Google)
    06-03-13 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD