Hi,

I have a bold running os 6, almost the latest.

I get the "we are closing this page" all the time in the browser unless I turn off javascript.

I also use a generic data plan and also wifi and it works fine for 4-5 hours and then I have to reset the phone for everything to work again.

I am wondering if anyone has yet found solutions to this ?

Thanks.
    07-15-11 03:48 PM
    Have you been going into browser options, and clearing the cache?
    07-16-11 08:30 AM
    no, but I sometimes use memory booster..
    07-22-11 07:54 PM
    The 9700 has limited RAM ( 256MB, doesn't have to do with apps installed, just working RAM), hence why most big web pages that load fine on 9800s, 9650s, and 9780s close when you load them on a 9700.
    07-22-11 08:25 PM
    My advice is to use Bolt and Opera Mini for the big pages.

Use the native browser with javascript disabled for the mobile pages, or enable it for the Rich mobile pages that don't work without it.

That's what I usually do. PS. Disabling images also allows the page to blaze. Then re-enable loading of images and they all load in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 09:52 PM
    Ever since Opera Mini 6 came out, I found myself going back to it more and more.
    It's just faster, easier and more consistent than the OS6 browser.
    It's not as smooth when scrolling still, but it's actually useable now.
    Plus, it only has one zoom-factor, which makes reading text so much more consistant.
    For some reason, the OS6 browser zooms-and-fits text totally different when you click the magnifier icon, even within the same website.
    So I might be reading a crackberry thread on page one in one zoom-factor, then go to page 2 and all the sudden, performing the same action, (push trackpad to zoom and fit) all the text is twice as big! Very annoying!

Opera Mini has been my favorite since the 8820 !
    07-23-11 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD