Hello there guys,

I'm planing to get a bold, now I have a big history in dropping phones, and I really wanna take care of my new bold, but just to make sure...tell me your story with a bold incidence, please show me how solid is the bold.
    06-01-09 01:54 PM
    Use a good case if you drop phones...
    06-01-09 02:02 PM
    i dont know anyone who will 'show' you how sturdy the bold is. But if you're worried about it get the Otterbox, and should have no problems
    06-01-09 02:04 PM
    Or maybe a lanyard.
    06-01-09 02:05 PM
    This is just one experience but I recently dropped mine onto asphalt from standing height. The battery popped out of the back but the phone was fine. There's a small scratch on the bezel where I guess it impacted and my cover does not fit as snug (feels like it moves around a little bit) but other than it held up well. Can't believe it actually.
    06-01-09 02:11 PM
    I've dropped my phone plenty of times. Especially recently and it has taken some good tumbles. My phone works fine.
    06-01-09 02:16 PM
    I must say that when I'm at work its always in a case but b4 I got ont it took quite a few spill mostly face down and other than a few scratches on the bezel its works/looks great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 02:28 PM
    I think the Bold is very solid and built well. My rear battery door is a bit loose though

06-01-09 02:32 PM
    I think the Bold is very solid and built well. My rear battery door is a bit loose though

nothing a little masking tape on the interior of the battery door won't fix... mine is rock solid now
    06-01-09 02:35 PM
    I've dropped mines a couple of times getting out of a car, the battery pops out and I scratch the bezel. Other than that it works fine.
    06-01-09 02:37 PM
    I did drop mine today.It fall out of the beltcase, made a real hard bump on the concrete floor. I almost was in panic, ' cos of previous experience with an HP IPAQ 614, but all was well with the bold. Not even a scratch.
    06-01-09 02:59 PM
    I have dropped mine a few times and nothing happened. I would say it is very solid.
    06-01-09 03:17 PM
    I don't see how people drop phones...
    I think I have had 2 drops in my entire lifetime (Granted, 17 years isn't long) and those were when I was not in a fit state to be carrying my phone in my hand XD
    06-01-09 03:20 PM
    Dropped mine a few times - bezel looks like crap.

Drops often occur when speaking on a wire headset, carrying a coffee and a brief case, and trying to open a car door and take off a jacket at the same time!

During the week when I'm working, I don't use a case, but now on the weekends I put a "rubber" on it!
    06-01-09 03:24 PM
    I don't see how people drop phones...
    I think I have had 2 drops in my entire lifetime (Granted, 17 years isn't long) and those were when I was not in a fit state to be carrying my phone in my hand XD
    17?!?!?! I have phones older than you!
    06-01-09 03:33 PM
    The bold is extremely durable provided you take some proper precautions.

1) Case - silicone is best due to shock absorbancy
    2) InvisiShield Bold Cover - miltary grade plastic and a lifetime replacement garuntee

With these two things I THROW my bold against chairs, my couch, and my carpet. Nothing to worry about cause silicone protects: bezel and battery door from dents and scratches. And my Bold InvisiShield covers ensure that my screen stays clean clear and spotless. Mind you that I bought the $10 silicone case and $32 InvisiShield covers from BestBuy.

Honestly now I feel confident in carrying around my bold with out fear of damage. If yall are wondering I always throw my bold on the corners so the keyboard looks spotless as well.

06-01-09 03:40 PM
    I've dropped mine numerous times... Majority of the time I leave mine in my lap while driving and forget its there as I'm getting out of the car and it drops to the ground. Everytime I watch it fall in slow motion and cringe everytime it hits the ground.

06-01-09 03:50 PM
    hey im 17 too, so dont pick on him lmao.

i dropped my bold on the third day i had it my friend stumbled into me and it went flying onto concrete face down and the screen went white and died lol.

BUT I GOT MY NEW ONE 3 DAYS LATER! (:
    06-01-09 03:57 PM
    WOW

First of all thank you guys very much for your storys, but to tell you the truth I was amazed, all you had accidents, some of you calmed by telling me the device is ok, no scratch, perfect condition and so...

But Jesus guys....really, take care of your devices for me, you guys broke my heart with your story.

Thank you so much, now I see that the bold is a hero, a superPHONE, then I should get it...

take care and thanks.
    06-01-09 06:29 PM
    Drop your phone? Why not spill your beer...or forget Mothers Day...or tell a 5 year old there is no Santa...sheeeesh! Some things just don't get did!
    06-01-09 06:46 PM
    I'd definitely get an Otter Box if you will be dropping it a lot, although that can be a bit bulky. Why don't you just get yourself and OEM rubber skin and a screen protector and just do your best to take care of it and not drop it? Easier said then done, I suppose but it's worth the effort to take care of it.

06-01-09 07:46 PM
    I don't like these skin or screen protectors!!!

It's a Blackberry, and Blackberry should look the way it should, if I'll cover him with all your ideas THEN WHATS LEFT TO SEE FROM MY BOLD!!

But thanks anyway
    06-02-09 07:04 AM
    I have had no problems with mine. I also haven't dropped mine either. I am very careful with my phone. Take your time and all should go well.

06-02-09 08:02 AM
    I dropped it from a few feet off the ground onto smooth cement. There was a scratch, I starred at it for a while (like I thought it was going to go away if I looked at it long enough), cried, then carried on with my day.

06-02-09 08:09 AM
    I think it's pretty sturdy but if you want STURDY go for the 8700. =) or even the 8800. Those phones have their LCD and lens totally seperate so if you crack the lens, just replace it (the outer clear shell)
    06-02-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD