They already did in case you missed it...It's called the Bold Touch 9930 and it's blazing fast, has a touch screen, a keyboard and flat out rocks.

Get on the train, it's left the station my friend.
    It's more like RIM is just now arriving at the station while everyone else os already long gone and ahead of the game
    Now they need to ride the bullet train to catch up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lssanjose and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-31-11 10:56 PM
    The only way to silence Android fanboys???
    BlackBerry has to produce a phone that has frequently updated specs and also runs Android on top pf the BB OS or the upcoming QNX software.

It would be the best of both worlds
    The best email/corporate phone combined with Android Apps would be AMAZING and keep me from carrying 2 phones. I currently use a Bold 9650 for work and I use a Motorola Photon Android on Sprint for personal use.

BlackBerry ABSOLUTELY has to keep up with technology to not only keep current users but to gather new users. NOONE wants yesterdays technology except maybe
    diehard fans or people who don't know or care about technology.

BlackBerry Needs Dual Core processors, large HD screens, RAM Galore, docking stations with HDMI and external ouputs and or lapdock.

Anyone who says they don't is living in the past... and unwilling to accept what is necessary for RIM to no longer be tech analyst trash talk of today.

I love RIM but they have to up the ante with at the minimum staying up with current technology in shorter product life cycles and trying to innovate a QNX / Android type software hybrid like what we should see with the PlayBook.

I am a tech nerd, thats why i left my 4" htc Evo for a BB Curve 8530. I now own a 9930 and im in phone heaven. ill pass on a phone with the battery life of a huge laptop computer, an OS that has no options with out an app, less than NES quality games, play-co build quality, and zero ergonomics even though i just might happen hold my phone a couple times a day. Id rather have a phone that masters communication and has some useful features than a gadget that doesnt do any one thing great at all. Blackberry does what a phone should do better than anyone.
    08-31-11 11:00 PM
    It's more like RIM is just now arriving at the station while everyone else os already long gone and ahead of the game
    Now they need to ride the bullet train to catch up

Forgive me for my ignorance...Those 70 million users and $20 Bilion in rev is just a fallacy.
    08-31-11 11:01 PM
    I am a tech nerd, thats why i left my 4" htc Evo for a BB Curve 8530. I now own a 9930 and im in phone heaven. ill pass on a phone with the battery life of a huge laptop computer, an OS that has no options with out an app, less than NES quality games, play-co build quality, and zero ergonomics even though i just might happen hold my phone a couple times a day. Id rather have a phone that masters communication and has some useful features than a gadget that doesnt do any one thing great at all. Blackberry does what a phone should do better than anyone.
    I left the EVO 4G which really wasnt a very good phone. I jumped to the Photon and it so much better at everthing especially as a communications device. GPS actually works! And the battery last all day long! Sweet!!

I also have a 9650 for work which is great for general email.

08-31-11 11:07 PM
    Forgive me for my ignorance...Those 70 million users and $20 Bilion in rev is just a fallacy.
    The point is making more revenue by luring more customers. Good luck doing that with mediocre phones. Fortunately RIM has released a great lineup for the time being. Hopefully the next release meets or exceeds our expectations as well and they dont let their guard down.

08-31-11 11:11 PM
    yes BB hasn't dropped phones for a while so they been laggin behind a bit...

but people act like other OS' are running Windows 7 or something and are still light years ahead of OS7... I don't get that.. I can truly say I like OS7 better than iOS by leaps and bounds.... though I haven't tested it lately, Droid OS is probly still my fav, but BBOS is still a close second best in my completely subjective opinion... this isn't BBOS4 or 5 anymore...

plus the hardware on the new generation makes the phones feel just as fast as any others I've tested... that's all that matters, not how many CPU's or even how many GHz it has to be honest... it's not a vintage car where u can pop open the hood to show off and let your dual-cores roar ya know lol... all u have to show for is how fast it is.. and there will def be a maximum point of responsiveness where u can't notice any further difference.. the keys become batt life and other device features like camera/video, which i think is the main improvement potential for BB's...

but since we're comparing, how many others have dedicated GPU's like the 9900 anyway? might as well be one-and-a-half-core cuz that takes a load off the CPU...

I'm not saying RIM doesn't need to keep their eyes focused on the prize, cuz I don't want to see them fall into a lull like this again... but I think it's time for the impression that the OS sucks to go away...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 09-01-11 at 12:38 AM.
    danimalchil likes this.
    08-31-11 11:52 PM
    The point is making more revenue by luring more customers. Good luck doing that with mediocre phones. Fortunately RIM has released a great lineup for the time being. Hopefully the next release meets or exceeds our expectations as well and they dont let their guard down.

Still don't see your point...They have been growing for years my friend. Remember when they were only an enterprise play, then made consumer friendly phones? Now they have teens and global market...that's called growth.

And what's your definition of mediocre? A touchscreen phone that can't place calls and you can't type? That's my definition of mediocore.

You are misguided in your perception I hate to break it to you. And I'm not even talking about the new phones.
    08-31-11 11:52 PM
    nothing touches the bold 9930.The browser is kinda crappy,
    Dude! Ya dissin' da browser! Man, it da best. Nothing beats dat os7 browsin' sperience.
    09-01-11 12:33 AM
    Still don't see your point...They have been growing for years my friend. Remember when they were only an enterprise play, then made consumer friendly phones? Now they have teens and global market...that's called growth.

And what's your definition of mediocre? A touchscreen phone that can't place calls and you can't type? That's my definition of mediocore.

You are misguided in your perception I hate to break it to you. And I'm not even talking about the new phones.
    Economist101 would beg to differ on RIM's actual growth

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-01-11 12:41 AM
    EXACTLY right... I'll say it again just so all can read it twice... BlackBerry does what a phone should do better than anyone!!

Did ya all get that? BlackBerry does phone... Does txt... Does IM (bbm)... Does email... BETTER than anyone/everyone.

09-01-11 12:53 AM
    LOVE IT! Beat that Android (Ooopss I cursed) fanboys :P :P :P :P :P ............
    Now its time for iOS (I dont thinks so yet I think I need QNX First....)
    09-01-11 05:26 AM
    EXACTLY right... I'll say it again just so all can read it twice... BlackBerry does what a phone should do better than anyone!!

Did ya all get that? BlackBerry does phone... Does txt... Does IM (bbm)... Does email... BETTER than anyone/everyone.

Here....read this twice....KOOLAID KOOLAID.

09-01-11 05:54 AM
    Dude! Ya dissin' da browser! Man, it da best. Nothing beats dat os7 browsin' sperience.
    Then you have not tried a Galaxy S2 as RIM has got a way to go to even get close.

I am the first to admit that the 9900 is a fantastic device.

We all have choices to make
    09-01-11 06:07 AM
    I use both... 9900 & Sensation . Haven't had any issues with my android device. I am pissed about the non UMA/Multi-Touch on my 9900 though.

what was the android device your buddy was using that you were up against?

I do use the DLNA & HDMI features from my Sensation fyi. Also use a torrent client, and do some penetration testing with the platform.
    09-01-11 06:08 AM
    If RIM did this same form factor with the HDMI/DLNA support, dual core, 10mp camera, HD/qHD screen ( better resolution), decent graphics memory & onboard memory....

BEST DEVICE

but it needs to be sooner than later. I believe all new released android devices are going dual core
    09-01-11 06:13 AM
    No other company is designing android players because no other company has too.
    for the most part if you are a smartphone you have your functioning development environment with active programmers. not so with RIM.
    They don't want android for androids sake, they want it for the app ecosystem..
    09-01-11 06:19 AM

If you mean revenue growth, yes you're right. The problem is that the growth has been largely due to their entrance/growth in new/growing markets where smartphones are at their infant stages. Their US marketshare has been fall steadily.

Now, as a company, it's fine to take that strategy (to focus on low-end handsets). The problem is, with so many Android manufacturers, cheap handsets are going to soon invade the markets where RIM has had so much success recently. I believe we have seen a comparable phenomenon in the US with Android handsets stealing the spotlight on low-cost carriers like Virgin Mobile.

IMHO, that's why RIM's stock isn't performing... Their current strategy is unsustainable. They HAVE to grow on all segments of the smartphone market.

And I beg to differ that RIM is back as a competitive force in the market. The sales number for the new phones hasn't been terribly good, at least as far as I've read.
    09-01-11 06:21 AM
    As a fan of all things mobile phone related I frequent all the SME sites. You almost never see a thread like this on Android central or TIPB, comparing Android or IOS to Blackberry. Maybe someone comes from Blackberry and wants to crow about how impressed they are. These threads just reak of an inferiority complex.

To the OP, the mail comparison is just sad. If you knew anything about either android or IOS you would know that most email accounts can now be set up as exchange. Meaning email is pushed to your device instantly. Sitting at my desk, my work email shows up on my phone within 1 second of it arriving on my laptop. GMail works the same way. Screen technology? Come on. Was your friend using a AMOLED device? Of course its not as good in direct sunlight. For that "limitation" you get better contrast, better colors and deeper blacks. Battery life? Do I not see 50 threads right here on Crackberry about people complaining that RIM gave up on thier claim of superior battery life in favor of better hardware? OS7? Its already dead. RIM will move forward with QNX, maybe before the end fo the year.

Hey, I happen to like Blackberry very much and if ATT releases it before the IP5 I will definately take it for a spin. BB's are great for those who must have a phisical key board and for that, nothing beats a blackberry. But it takesthat very specific need to justify giving up everything else that you can get from the other platforms. That is why BB is moving away from the traditional BB OS. That is why thier market share continues to shrink. That is why the mentality that "BB is all I need" or "Apps are Stupid" or "the Iphone/Andorid is a toy" are so self defeating in terms of having BB continue on as a strong company. That is why RIM is building Android players into thier QNX OS. Users like you are simply a dying breed and if RIM doesnt start making devices that appeal to all customers, they are desinted for failure. Its great to love your device, just focus on that.
    09-01-11 07:05 AM
    09-01-11 07:10 AM
    As a fan of all things mobile phone related I frequent all the SME sites. You almost never see a thread like this on Android central or TIPB, comparing Android or IOS to Blackberry. Maybe someone comes from Blackberry and wants to crow about how impressed they are. These threads just reak of an inferiority complex.

To the OP, the mail comparison is just sad. If you knew anything about either android or IOS you would know that most email accounts can now be set up as exchange. Meaning email is pushed to your device instantly. Sitting at my desk, my work email shows up on my phone within 1 second of it arriving on my laptop. GMail works the same way. Screen technology? Come on. Was your friend using a AMOLED device? Of course its not as good in direct sunlight. For that "limitation" you get better contrast, better colors and deeper blacks. Battery life? Do I not see 50 threads right here on Crackberry about people complaining that RIM gave up on thier claim of superior battery life in favor of better hardware? OS7? Its already dead. RIM will move forward with QNX, maybe before the end fo the year.

Hey, I happen to like Blackberry very much and if ATT releases it before the IP5 I will definately take it for a spin. BB's are great for those who must have a phisical key board and for that, nothing beats a blackberry. But it takesthat very specific need to justify giving up everything else that you can get from the other platforms. That is why BB is moving away from the traditional BB OS. That is why thier market share continues to shrink. That is why the mentality that "BB is all I need" or "Apps are Stupid" or "the Iphone/Andorid is a toy" are so self defeating in terms of having BB continue on as a strong company. That is why RIM is building Android players into thier QNX OS. Users like you are simply a dying breed and if RIM doesnt start making devices that appeal to all customers, they are desinted for failure. Its great to love your device, just focus on that.
    This is EXACTLY how I see it. Couldn't have said it better myself.

09-01-11 07:12 AM
    I think more of the point I am trying to make is that RIM has to maintain momentum by releasing updated hardware on a regular almost Android like basis.
    To be fair you have... 3? 4? Companies continuously releasing their devices with android on it. If you were to only look at one manufacturer, say Motorola, then the frequency at which they release new phones falls more in line with RIM. Same with Apple - isnt it typically a year between models? With that being said this last gap between RIM phones (about 1.5 years?) was too long.
    09-01-11 07:20 AM
    Android FTW.

I don't hate blackberry, But I think blackberry is for people text to much

DON'T BASH ME. It's my opinion.

I went to Phones 4u to check the 9900, And I didn't quite like it (No offence)
    Again, MY OPINION!.
    Last edited by AceStreaming; 09-01-11 at 03:32 PM.
    09-01-11 07:29 AM
    How much faster does a smartphone need to be? The new Bold is blazing fast.
    I'm not sure what a dual core or a quad core will do other than take a **** on the battery.
    09-01-11 07:50 AM
    To be fair you have... 3? 4? Companies continuously releasing their devices with android on it. If you were to only look at one manufacturer, say Motorola, then the frequency at which they release new phones falls more in line with RIM. Same with Apple - isnt it typically a year between models? With that being said this last gap between RIM phones (about 1.5 years?) was too long.
    And there lies the problem... RIM vs several independent handset makers which is why RIM must make new products at least every 12 months to compete with the Fruit Bots.in terms of hardware specificatio s at least until the technology playing field levels off.

09-01-11 07:52 AM
    I think more of the point I am trying to make is that RIM has to maintain momentum by releasing updated hardware on a regular almost Android like basis. They don't have the luxury of releasing mediocre hardware every couple years as they wont gain any traction in moving their products in the right direction. You say we dont need dual core, HD screens etc... but I'm pretty sure if RIM said they were releasing a new phone with better features and specs next month most forum members would be all over it. Not everyone wants or needs features but it would make BB alot more attractive for those considering making acurrent switch from other devices while making giving current BB users something to believe in and look forward too.

RIM and Apple will never be able to keep up with the Android hardware race. They are competing against too many manufacturers. LG, Sony, Samsung, HTC, Motorola just to name a few.

And these manufacturers of Android devices have 1 less thing to worry about, the OS. They have Google to take care of that for them.
    09-01-11 07:56 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD