Hello,

I'm new to the Blackberry world on my 9700

Coming for Android and Windows mobile, I was able to set email sync times.
    For example; email sync between 09:00 and 21:00, other time no automatic email (only manual sync).

How can I do this on my 9700 ?

Marcel
    12-25-10 08:30 AM
    There was a post in this thread with the correct answer but someone deleted it.

No need to sync e-mail with your Blackberry. E-mail is instantly "pushed" to your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 09:39 AM
    I think you need to resend the service books if you're not getting any e-mail, or just call your carrier and find out why e-mail isn't working. If it's msn/hotmail/live mail, this is a common issue.

12-26-10 01:38 PM
    Hope I'm not hijacking this thread:

I'm guessing the threadstarter wants what I want. I don't want to receive email at certain times. As a matter of fact; I don't want the email "pushed." I'd rather just receive it when I ask for it. Or even turn it off at certain times. Or have it synced like every 2 or 4 hours. I'd rather not turn off the "data" portion. Other functions do not work with the data turned off.
    12-26-10 03:04 PM
    Hope I'm not hijacking this thread:

I'm guessing the threadstarter wants what I want. I don't want to receive email at certain times. As a matter of fact; I don't want the email "pushed." I'd rather just receive it when I ask for it. Or even turn it off at certain times. Or have it synced like every 2 or 4 hours. I'd rather not turn off the "data" portion. Other functions do not work with the data turned off.
    I think this is only possible if you use a POP/IMAP email app on the phone. Using the BB/BIS email service is a push service and there is no scheduling required.
    12-26-10 03:11 PM
    I know which functionality you are refering to.

This function was implemented into Windows Mobile before the Push functionality become common lower intervals for the sync and so reduce the traffic volume. While the most phones now use push the traffic is reduced anyhow. A time sync shorter than 20 minutes, will transfer more data than the push function.

However the blackberry system works different. There is no sync on demand (as exchange does it), but the rim servers will sent the data to the devices. If there is no email, there is no data.

Of course there may be another motivation to not want to have your emails instantly on certain times, but avoiding unnecessary sync is not a argument....
    12-28-10 04:58 PM
    Hello,
    sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was wondering about this too.

Basically, I don't want to receive emails when I am in bed, I don't really want the vibrate and flashing light that comes with it. Its generally not a problem with texts etc cause most people are asleep around the same times, but automated emails from companies that are received at 3 in the morning can be a bit annoying.

The only way I can think of overcoming this is by manually changing the profile at night, unless this can be done on a time schedule?

Any thoughts?
    08-19-11 08:39 AM
    Hello,
    sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was wondering about this too.

Basically, I don't want to receive emails when I am in bed, I don't really want the vibrate and flashing light that comes with it. Its generally not a problem with texts etc cause most people are asleep around the same times, but automated emails from companies that are received at 3 in the morning can be a bit annoying.

The only way I can think of overcoming this is by manually changing the profile at night, unless this can be done on a time schedule?

Any thoughts?
    You can't change the schedule but you can change the profile or use bedside mode with a Silent Profile setup and no alerts.
    08-19-11 09:11 AM
    You can also have the phone turn itself off at night.
    08-19-11 03:36 PM
    You can't change the schedule but you can change the profile or use bedside mode with a Silent Profile setup and no alerts.
    This is correct answer. Changing the profile (silent) or using bedside mode (in Clock). You the email alert will does not disturb you anymore.

08-20-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD