GRRRRRRR, i have a new SMS icon on my screen. I already deleted all my SMS and the icon is still there. After deleted all SMS, i even send a new one just so I think it may reset the screen.

No dice, then I tried battery pull, no dice either.

what should i do?
    05-18-10 01:44 AM
    Try change your theme to something diff then change it back and if your using the standaard theme try switching between Zen and today setting

That normally sorts it for me ;-)
    05-18-10 02:16 AM
    After changing the Theme reboot your Device that should sort it out ..
    05-18-10 02:22 AM
    I had the same problem as u, the SMS icon kept appearing no matter what I did and I really didn’t want to reinstall my OS.

The way to solve this is to do a security wipe from the options menu it should solve the SMS icon problem without having to reinstall the OS
    05-18-10 04:26 AM
    Are you talking about a new text indicator icon? Or the actual click-able icon? If its the actual sms icon, its not going anywhere no matter what you do... just hide it.
    05-18-10 08:36 AM
    I had the same issue but with a BBM notification. I backed-up the phone via the the desktop manager software. Did a security wipe then all I had to do was restore the phone and problem solved.
    05-18-10 11:11 PM
    i thought that sometimes if you have a message that may be saved somewhere that was unread you just needed to find it, i know i have that problem when i was accidentally saving messages before reading them and i'd find them in my saves messages folder, it happened alot with the 8330 i had before my 9700, doesnt happen with my 9700 though
    05-18-10 11:45 PM
    It's coming again, and I can't reset the new SMS icon. I already switch themes, reboot with battery pull 3x, no dice. I know I have no SMS because I checked my SMS inbox PLUS I logged in my AT&T and no SMS incoming

HELP!!
    05-30-10 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD