Perve alert!

lol
    02-22-11 10:17 AM
    dood....listen to me
    call ur voicemail, open the camera with the shortcut key and snap away!

/thread
    02-22-11 02:20 PM
    General question unrelated to the thread starter, why does everyone always request this feature on every blackberry forum I've ever visited?

I can't think of any reason why the audible sound is a nuisance....

Only reason I can think for this feature would be for malicious purposes, and people taking pictures of unsuspecting individuals, who they don't want to hear the camera sound.
    I'm a university student. I'd often like to take a photo of my friend sat next to me or the stupid doodle she's drawing etc during a lecture. i can't with a shutter sound drawing attention to us! What about wanting to take a photo of a sleeping child etc or some wildlife that would be scared away by the sound? Sitting in the 'quiet coach' of a train and wanting to photograph the scenery? I can think of loads of reasons that don't involve any malicious purposes!
    03-02-11 11:46 AM
    Quicklaunch QL MUTE for camera works just fine on every version of OS 6. Try it!
    03-02-11 01:30 PM
    Yeah, Quicklaunch QL mute works for me too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-11 11:22 PM
    Gonna try that Quicklaunch QL mute out. thanks guys.
    03-04-11 12:30 AM
    Hey guys!

How do you remove the 'click' sound while taking a picture?

Thanks!
    There's a third-party app (not in App World) called Camera Mute that works fine in 5.x, not sure about 6.x.

You can find it here: http://www.blackberrymagazine.com.br...eraMuteApp.jad
    03-04-11 02:03 PM
    Quicklaunch mute is probably the best. The only thing I dont like about it is that I find it doesnt save on "mute"

I have to manually mute it everytime I use the camera
    03-04-11 02:18 PM
    There really should be an option for this...

I can't tell you how many times I want to take a picture of something funny but don't want to draw attention from people with the sound.
    03-13-11 12:09 AM
    Cameramuteapp works on 9780. It works and it's free! http://www.blackberrymagazine.com.br...eraMuteApp.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 01:29 PM
    Can it be turned off natively in the new OS7 devices?
    08-19-11 02:37 AM
    Install an app called 'Peekaboo'
    Its not in app world, but search for it on the net (OTA here: BerryCoder: Peek-A-Boo - Shoot 4 Times In One Click). Its free!

It doesn't completely mute the sound (its illegal for phones not to make a sound when they take pics), but when you run the app it automatically take 4 pics in a row (you can click to take more pics after that), and it quiets the sound of the camera 'click' down so much that you cannot hear it if there is any background noise (ie, pretty much any pubic place, or at home with music on etc...)

Works great for secret 'ninja' pictures

Can it be turned off natively in the new OS7 devices?
    No, I don't believe it can, because 'legally' all cellphones need to make an audible 'click' sound when taking pictures. This is to stop creeps from illegaly taking pics of underage kids etc in change rooms and stuff
    Last edited by Big_Ern; 08-19-11 at 03:00 AM.
    08-19-11 02:58 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD