Hi everyone,

I've been going through some forums and I found that a lot of people have the same trouble as mine.

But my question is :

I bought a brand new BB 9700 from a shop in Dubai and when I came to Mauritius, orange couldn't activate internet bundle and said that the PIN need to be released.

The phone contains a logo of vodaphone.

Can someone help me sorting this problem please ?

Thanking you in advance.
    Imtiaz
    01-21-11 12:46 PM
    Someone (I'm assuming the owner) will probably have to contact Vodaphone and have the PIN released.
    01-21-11 12:59 PM
    HI there, thanks for your reply. How would I know which country is it? I only have Orange, Emtel and MTML in Mauritius.
    Regards,
    Imtiaz
    01-21-11 01:08 PM
    Isnt this what unlocking a phone means ? It seems the phone is locked to Vodaphone and you need it to be released so you can use it with an Orange SIM. If that is the case, you can do it yourself by buying the unlocking code online just by sending the pin, imei and original mobile company. They will send you the instructions along with the code. That is how I unlocked mine.
    Good luck !!!
    01-21-11 01:11 PM
    Well, that's a good question. You may first want to try to find a general customer service number for Vodafone and give that a shot initially. Can you contact the shop that you purchased the device through?
    01-21-11 01:21 PM
    Isnt this what unlocking a phone means ? It seems the phone is locked to Vodaphone and you need it to be released so you can use it with an Orange SIM. If that is the case, you can do it yourself by buying the unlocking code online just by sending the pin, imei and original mobile company. They will send you the instructions along with the code. That is how I unlocked mine.
    Good luck !!!
    It's actually not the same thing. Unlocking a phone allows you to use a sim card from a different carrier in your device, releasing the PIN is something different.

Each BB has it's own specific PIN number (as you already know) that identifies it on the BB network. Once that PIN has been activated on an account, it is tied to that account until it is removed. This phone was sold without the PIN being released from the carrier. Technically it is still active on the carrier's network (in a round about way). The original carrier (in this case, Vodafone) needs to be contacted so that they can release the PIN from their system, so it may be activated on a different system.
    01-21-11 01:24 PM
    Hi all, thanks for your replies. This is true, I can make calls ans send receive sms. The only trouble is the activation of internet, email, IM etc. I just sent a mail to the shop where I bought the phone and also sent a mail to vodaphone. I hope they'll help.

Thanks
    01-21-11 01:32 PM
    Your PIN number is associated with the original carrier SIM card from your carrier in Dubai. You need to contact Customer Service to request they release the PIN number.

The carrier makes up part of your BlackBerry BIS address. Typically it is Usename@carrier.blackberry.net.

01-21-11 01:48 PM
    Hi all, Thanks for your supports. One more thing, I find on my BB that I need to make an enterprise activation. Anyone have an idea if this can solve the problem ?

Thanks again.
    01-22-11 07:39 AM
    Hi all, Thanks for your supports. One more thing, I find on my BB that I need to make an enterprise activation. Anyone have an idea if this can solve the problem ?

Thanks again.
    BES is for employer assigned devices. BIS is for single consumer devices. Depending on which, is the service you need from the carrier.
    BIS=Blackberry Internet Service
    BES=Blackberry Enterprise Server

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by starchit; 01-22-11 at 09:53 AM.
    01-22-11 09:51 AM
    Most blackberry users don't need BES, only BIS. The reason why you're getting the BES thing is because the PIN isn't released. Call vodaphone, not e-mail, and ask to have the pin released. It could be the original owner probably didn't pay their bill or returned it for some strange reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 03:38 AM
    Hi,
    Been reading all related exchanges her regarding how to release pin that is not yours on your BB unit. I tried finding out what provider the pin is registered to but to no success. Someone pls help me... is there any other way to release this? the supplier of my device is no longer cooperating with me. Will deleting the BIS account on the device manager desktop help?
    12-04-11 08:21 PM
    Hi,
    Been reading all related exchanges her regarding how to release pin that is not yours on your BB unit. I tried finding out what provider the pin is registered to but to no success. Someone pls help me... is there any other way to release this? the supplier of my device is no longer cooperating with me. Will deleting the BIS account on the device manager desktop help?
    The original carrier is displayed after a battery pull. You can then google them. That is one way to find out.
    12-04-11 08:23 PM
    Good luck !!!
    Unlocking a Blackberry means removing the SIM lock which is set on the device.
    When a Blackberry is unlocked it can "read" SIM cards from other carriers and that's how it can be used on other carrier worldwide...

a PIN number can be registered by a carrier on the BIS account on the owner, the use another account from other carrier he should contact the carrier and get it released.
    12-05-11 02:55 AM
  15. Khodabocus Zuleikha Ghazala's Avatar
    Hi,

you should bring your cellphone to Orange and they will unlock it for you. I had the same problem but now my bbm is working.

Hope the info helps.
    11-07-13 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD