hey all,
    i've done the searching here, and saw there was a fix(es) detailing how to remove visual voicemail after the .247 upgrade on my bold (ATT). i did the whole find that alx file, edit it to "false" and reconnect it to DM, but i still do not see that option to remove it. just the option to remove the other apps. i also did the one where i rename the .cod files, but it is still there.

anyone know a definitive way that i can get the standard VM notifications back? i even opened crackmem, and checked the "remove visual voicemail" box, and started DM, but it's still there after a reboot.

thanks.
    03-30-09 10:18 AM
    i have .247 and i never removed teh visual voicemail application...but i still receive the regular voicemail notifications.

but...its weird...cuz this is my second bold..on my first bold i didnt receiev notifications with .247...
    03-30-09 10:20 AM
    I used CrackUtil to completely remove the 3 VVM files from the OS. Worked like a charm.
    03-30-09 10:38 AM
    Would Crackmem's removal feature accomplish the same thing?
    03-30-09 10:52 AM
    Maybe this will help. Got the link from Tronyx.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/v-2...e-mail-165708/
    03-30-09 10:54 AM
    hey all,
    i've done the searching here, and saw there was a fix(es) detailing how to remove visual voicemail after the .247 upgrade on my bold (ATT). i did the whole find that alx file, edit it to "false" and reconnect it to DM, but i still do not see that option to remove it. just the option to remove the other apps. i also did the one where i rename the .cod files, but it is still there.

anyone know a definitive way that i can get the standard VM notifications back? i even opened crackmem, and checked the "remove visual voicemail" box, and started DM, but it's still there after a reboot.

thanks.
    I tried all of the fixes you mentioned as well. Can't get the darn thing off my phone! Did you ever find a way to do it?
    07-23-10 10:30 PM
    Heads up this is posted elsewhere, but it worked for me!

The easiest way is just to delete the VVM files from c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\*OS Version #*\Java. So once you get to the OS Java files, just find every VVM and delete them all. You then need to run AppLoader to get it installed on your Blackberry.

Unfortunately there is no more Desktop Manager and the current Blackberry Desktop Software won't let you access AppLoader.

Happily it does exist though!. The path is computer/c drive/ program files/ common files/ research in motion/ apploader/and then click on the Loader icon.

If you have cleared the VVM's out of the current OS, when you run the Loader, it will indeed happily and successfully get the dreaded Visual Voice Mail off your Blackberry and the phone once again can show you have voice mails waiting. Cavaet, Blackberry support was very concerned, since they don't think this fix exists or is approved. Yet, it works and thought it was worth saying again. Thanks to everyone who figured this out!
    03-13-13 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD