This is my first post.

Some of you may feel that your blackberry battery no longer have the stamina of its full capacity.

here is the fix.

what you need?
    -Blackberry battery (in my sample i use M-S1, bold 9000 original battery.)
    -Blackberry phone (in my sample i use bold 9000.)
    -tape (i am using 3M Transpore tape.)

how to do it yourself?
    1. use your blackberry until your blackberry turns off.
    2. do a battery pull
    3. if it boot to the main screen, re-do step 2, else go to step 4.
    4. now take out the battery.
    5. paste a tape onto the pin beside the positive current symbol(+)
    look at attachments step5
    6. put the battery back
    7. you will see the following boot screen.
    look at attachment step7
    note: there are 2 types of boot screen you will see, the one in the picture, or the one with a battery logo with a big red cross on it.
    8. wait until your blackberry fully turn off.
    9. re-do the whole process 3 times every 6 months.
    note: due to my first post i am not able to use img tag.

edit1:
    Q: How long will it take for your battery to drain?
    A: It varies from 8-12 hours.

Q: Have you tested?
    A: I have tested this method and it works.

edit2:
    found this at wikipedia:

Safety requirements

If overheated or overcharged, Li-ion batteries may suffer thermal runaway and cell rupture. In extreme cases this can lead to combustion. Deep discharge may short-circuit the cell, in which case recharging would be unsafe. To reduce these risks, Lithium-ion battery packs contain fail-safe circuitry that shuts down the battery when its voltage is outside the safe range of 3–4.2 V per cell. When stored for long periods the small current draw of the protection circuitry itself may drain the battery below its shut down voltage; normal chargers are then ineffective. Many types of lithium-ion cell cannot be charged safely below 0C.

Other safety features are required in each cell:
    shut-down separator (for overtemperature)
    tear-away tab (for internal pressure)
    vent (pressure relief)
    thermal interrupt (overcurrent/overcharging)

These devices occupy useful space inside the cells, add additional points of failure and irreversibly disable the cell when activated. They are required because the anode produces heat during use, while the cathode may produce oxygen. These devices and improved electrode designs reduce/eliminate the risk of fire or explosion.

These safety features increase costs compared to nickel metal hydride batteries, which require only a hydrogen/oxygen recombination device (preventing damage due to mild overcharging) and a back-up pressure valve.

so do it at your own risk
    Last edited by stalker08; 08-27-11 at 12:00 AM.
    trivedijv and Pash Hip like this.
    08-26-11 08:27 PM
    Hmmm as your first post i must say for me this is a first as well....lets hope some geeky tetchy guys come along and explain you process cause i kinda find it not accurate since im using a LIon battery.
    08-26-11 08:54 PM
    Hmmm as your first post i must say for me this is a first as well....lets hope some geeky tetchy guys come along and explain you process cause i kinda find it not accurate since im using a LIon battery.
    Thanks for your comment, i edited my thread.

but somehow i feel my battery life longer.
    08-27-11 12:02 AM
    Lithium Ion Batteries do not need recalibration

that will actually ruin your battery.
    08-27-11 01:54 AM
    This is complete bull****z! Lithium Ion Batteries do not need recalibration

that will actually ruin your battery.
    that is why i added edited 2.
    08-27-11 02:04 AM
    Does this really work? My battery drains fast! I have the latest os. Shrank my os. Installed 5apps. Closing all apps after using. I'm always on edge network. Screen display is 10. Average usage. Fb, bbm, tweeting, sending text messages. Rarely I make phone calls. And yet my battery drains so fast. When I battery pull, the battery already lost 10 to 20%. I tried reloading my os but that doesn't help too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 01:06 AM
    Try it, and tell me what do you think.

09-06-11 01:21 AM
    So after rebooting and putting a tape. It shows an image of a battery with a big red cross and it's loading with a loading bar. After this what should i do?
    09-06-11 05:14 AM
    After the first reboot, it rebooted again. After the second reboot, it stopped. Do i need one more reboot like you said on you're post that do this three times in 6 months?
    09-06-11 06:48 AM
    You are supposed to wait until the battery drain with the book screen.

09-06-11 06:54 AM
    Although this is my first post too, after it boots and drains, is there any other thing expected?
    03-14-13 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD