So lately my Bold has been lagging real bad. On a weekly basis I clear the event log and do a battery pull and that remedies it for maybe a day or two. But by mid week the spinning clock returns, and it generally just acts slow. So I was wondering if maybe I don't have enough free space or something?

My storage stats are:

Application free space - 73.9 MB
    Built-in media free space - 6 GB
    Media card free space - 3.8 GB

Am I using too much memory? Or is there maybe a whole other problem entirely? Thanks for your input!
    06-08-12 01:53 PM
    As long as your phone is not slowing down and you clean RAM (using the built in cleaner), you will be fine. You have a lot of free space on the main app and media anyway. Nothing to worry about.

Instead of battery pulls, you can go for a soft reboot by holding ALT+CAPS(rightside aA)+DEL. Memory was an issue with Bold 9700 running OS 6, but I don't think it is a concern now.
    06-08-12 01:59 PM
    Clearing the browser cache, deleting old texts and emails and clearing the phone log will have a better impact on performance than clearing the event log. I soft reboot every couple of days out of habit but have never had mine freeze or lag. Don't know what the spinning clock even looks like on this beast. Keep it clean! as for memory I have 220mb free and have loaded every app I could want and then some 20 or so.
    06-08-12 07:38 PM
    .... I have 220mb free and have loaded every app I could want and then some 20 or so.
    HOW?!! sharing is caring lol
    ralphydelgado likes this.
    06-08-12 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD