Hi all,
    Just one more question for today! Thank you everyone for your help in getting this thing working as well as possible.

Just want to know how much memory I should keep free to keep the Bold running at the best possible speed? I like having extra programs, but the most important thing to me is that the whole package runs well.
    08-17-09 11:20 AM
    BB's will operate best at 12+ MB's free
    08-17-09 11:24 AM
    Cool - Thank you.
    That gives me loads of space for App's - I thought I'd have to keep much more than that free!
    08-17-09 11:25 AM
    Seems OS dependent for me. I can't remember what OS this was, but I would notice if I was below 22MB or so, I would get more of the hour glass and sluggishness. Now that I'm on the Hybrid OS, I can dip into 19MB (Quickpull prompt) and not even realize it based on the phones performance.
    08-17-09 11:30 AM
    Just an FYI, you may or may not know...but not all apps close/exit the same way, and if you hit the red phone key as most people do, most apps are still running in the background.

Use the Application Switcher [Switch Application] under the menu key to properly close apps when you're done and your Bold will run smoothly.
    08-18-09 01:50 PM
    The combination of a fancy animated theme, updating weather program and lots of web browsing will drain your memory, no matter what.

I always properly close out of Apps. I rarely use Apps anyways.
    08-18-09 02:33 PM
    You need about 15 or more.
    08-18-09 04:11 PM
    any time i drop below 15 i find my Bold to be sluggish. I wish there was a way to make a more effective use of my 8gb card freeing up memory. That is the only negative thing i have found about the Bold
    08-18-09 06:34 PM
    That is the only negative thing i have found about the Bold
    It's not just the Bold, it's every BB. People have been asking for this feature for a while.
    08-18-09 06:41 PM
    Also, its not just memory that keeps it running good. The #1 thing is running a good OS. What OS are you on gussington?
    08-18-09 06:44 PM
    When I had OS.167 I was always around 18mb then I upgraded to OS.266 and with the same applications installed I am always around 30mb. Anyhow even at 18 Bold worked great.
    08-18-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD