I'm currently stuck with Rogers, and am aching to get out (contract take over by somebody else...PM me if you're interested).

However, Rogers will be one of the first, if not THE first, to release the 9700, since launch date is just over a week away.

I'm waiting for WIND to launch, but if the CRTC ruling is not in their favour then they might not appear on the Canadian market until the new year instead of next month.

Are any of you planning to wait for WIND as well? I hope I'm not the only one without a 9700 .
    10-17-09 04:26 PM
    [...]I hope I'm not the only one without a 9700 .
    There's a whole load of 9000 BOLD owners here who are a 1year or less into their contracts that won't be upgrading either :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ho...-bolds-334006/
    10-17-09 04:37 PM
    There's a whole load of 9000 BOLD owners here who are a 1year or less into their contracts that won't be upgrading either :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ho...-bolds-334006/
    True. But what I meant (and sorry for not being clear) was for those who are DEFINITELY getting the 9700, are they going to run into Rogers/Bell/Telus on Day 1 or wait it out a little, either for a new carrier (such as WIND) or to ensure any technical issues are resolved first?
    10-17-09 04:54 PM
    You probably won't want it at initial release. New devices always have issues. You'd be better served waiting a couple months until all the kinks are worked out.
    10-17-09 05:10 PM
    I'm waiting to see if Wind makes some announcements by the end of the month. I'm with Rogers now too, but my contract is up, so I can get up and leave whenever I want (and it feels great LOL).

I just heard about Wind last week and am intrigued. So if they can get into the game early int 2010, I'll probably wait. At the very least, they might force Rogers, Bell and Telus to lower their prices a bit.

I'd love nothing more than to give my money to Wind instead of one of the big 3.
    10-17-09 05:46 PM
    sticking with my bold
    10-17-09 05:46 PM
    All depends on how much Rogers is gunna charge for the phone without a contract. < 600 then I'll buy it.
    10-17-09 05:52 PM
    All depends on how much Rogers is gunna charge for the phone without a contract. < 600 then I'll buy it.
    Do you think Rogers could offer no-term price for less than WIND (which is what WIND will probably do since they don't offer contracts at all)? After all they will be purchasing many, many more units.

But WIND is screwed if such is true.
    10-17-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD