i am new to the forums so bear with me. was wanting to know how many
    themes the bold can hold. i probably have 30 installed. i know i am a freak
    but i change themes about everyday. anyway after an install i do a battery
    pull and right now my memory runs 10-15mb. i dont have hardly any other
    apps installed. just curious about the amount of themes the bold can handle.
    07-24-09 09:15 AM
    im not sure myself ..but im a theme freak as well i end up having to delete my beloved apps in order to make room for themes
    07-24-09 09:47 AM
    thanks for the reply. right now i am at 7.2mb and if i do a battery pull it
    might go up to around 12 or 13mb. but i really dont have but about 2 or 3
    other apps.
    07-24-09 09:55 AM
    I have 4 installed
    07-24-09 10:55 AM
    I heard that theme was one of the memory sucker, BIG TIME!, lots of forumers here suggested to have theme not more than 2-3.
    My suggestions is just pick for your most fave themes, like 3 of 'em. Back up the others using DM ( I believe there are steps to do it using switch device in the forum)

I think it's a loss to have that much of memory, there's a lot of things u can do with rss readers, weather, facebook, messengers, etc. You won't be having enough memory for all of those if you stick to keep themes in ur BB.

But hey, I'm a newbie, pls correct me if I'm wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 11:00 AM
    yep, depends on the themes. Some are real pigs.
    07-24-09 11:21 AM
    I only have one theme installed in my device because themes could cause many troubles to BlackBerry device
    07-24-09 11:41 AM
    I got a new theme that is way fancier than anything I had before, and yes, it does in fact take up more of my free memory. I only have four themes installed though, as opposed to your, like, 30, lol.
    07-24-09 11:41 AM
    I only have one theme installed in my device because themes could cause many troubles to BlackBerry device
    Who are you?
    Sorry, it's just a little weird that you just said something quite similar in this thread over here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bla...review-276113/

In several cases, the black bezel may cause problem to your loud speaker.
    Lol.

Are you a Blackberry warner?
    07-24-09 11:43 AM
    right now my memory runs 10-15mb
    I have never had this happen to me personally because I only have four themes and run at 45MB, but from what I've seen in the forums you shouldn't let your memory get so low because it will eventually start deleting out your call logs and messages. I've read that your memory shouldn't get below 20... I'd delete some of those themes and just choose your favorites.
    07-24-09 12:09 PM
    I have 2 themes. The 2 that came on the phone. Not a theme degenerate

07-24-09 12:27 PM
    I only have 2 additional themes on my phone. I don't like mymemory to get eaten up.
    07-24-09 01:16 PM
    I have 4 themes... the two that came with the phone and two 3rd party themes from Tito71. I used to have more, but dropped them all because they chewed up memory.
    07-24-09 01:21 PM
    I've been looking into getting a bold (upgrading from curve) I have an app loader that stores all my apps and themes on memory card doesn't the same thing work for bold?

07-24-09 01:31 PM
    I've been looking into getting a bold (upgrading from curve) I have an app loader that stores all my apps and themes on memory card doesn't the same thing work for bold?

I don't know, but that's awesome if there is! I'd be the first one in line to buy it. I hate storing my themes/apps on the device memory. I don't think that there is, though.
    07-24-09 03:19 PM
    I got the aerilize card loader if someone could check it out for compatibiloity with bold it would help with my decision of next bb to buy

07-24-09 07:33 PM
    3 or 4 themes , I tend to rotate them.
    07-24-09 07:38 PM
    I got the aerilize card loader if someone could check it out for compatibiloity with bold it would help with my decision of next bb to buy

I just went into the app store and it says that it IS compatible with the Bold.
    07-24-09 11:11 PM
    Awesome tell me how it works for you if you decide to try it

07-24-09 11:54 PM
    Got 5 themes I use a different each day!!

07-24-09 11:58 PM
    Awesome tell me how it works for you if you decide to try it

I will. Not sure if I'm going to get it or not. I'd love to be able to store my apps on a memory card rather than on the device memory, but I'm wondering if it'll just be a waste of time and money because I currently have very few themes/applications on my phone and am running anywhere between 35-45MB of memory depending on which I'm using, so I'm not in any danger of getting too low and having my messages and call logs deleted due to lack of memory.
    07-25-09 01:32 AM
    I got a new theme that is way fancier than anything I had before, and yes, it does in fact take up more of my free memory. I only have four themes installed though, as opposed to your, like, 30, lol.
    what theme would this be? Im in the market for a good theme!
    07-25-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD