Did a search and came across a ton of threads with quite a few problems. How many of you are actually using an unlocked 9650 on AT&T without any issues?
    08-10-11 05:24 PM
    You can use voice and SMS without any issues, it's getting data to work that's tricky.
    08-10-11 08:14 PM
    Is there anyway to get the data working on an unlocked 9650 with att?
    08-11-11 02:57 PM
    Get BB data plan, manually load service books (look for guide here on the forums under the Storm forum)
    08-12-11 01:02 AM
    I've had quite a few problems, but it IS possible to get it working close to perfectly.

I have a factory-unlocked Sprint 9650 and although the "unlocking the Storm" guide is great, I feel that it's only great for the Storm (in my opinion). It's a little outdated using OS4 material but it did help with the basics, though.

I remember having a lot of problems getting the browser to work in OS5 even with putting in the correct APN settings and loading the generic service books. I somehow corrected it after wiping and updating to OS6, I don't think I had to do anything special.

I still can't get MMS to work, even though the MMS transport service book is loaded - anyone have any suggestions? I even tried importing the service books from my 9800 Torch backup file (thinking that they were already AT&T specific, but I'm not sure if the model number messes up the theory).

My dream is to be able to switch seamlessly between my 9650 and my 9800 - but the problem with having 2 different PINs is obviously the email and BBM features.

With email, I've received a message stating "It looks like you're using a new BlackBerry device..." and it directs me to the BIS settings to verify my email accounts to that PIN - which is a nice feature (similar to App World asking about PIN changes when logging into a new phone and it automatically updates the app list).

Is there any way I can switch between the 9650 and 9800 and my BBM automatically notify the contacts of the change? I've seen it do that when switching devices and it uses the remote backup feature, but I don't think it will work as often as replacing the SIM... I wish there was a button in the options for synching BBM contacts.

Lastly, anyone have problems with receiving text messages FILLED with gibberish randomly while using the 9650 on AT&T? I swear I get them at least once a day.
    08-12-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD