Hi - I recently purchased a Bold and added a 4 GB SD card to store music files. When I plug in my BB to my computer to load the files, I am given the choice of the G drive (BB internal memory) or the F drive (SD), and I drop folders of music onto the F drive's "music" folder. So far so good.

When I try to access the music folders on the Bold's music app, I find that many of them are there as they should be, but many of them have found their way into an 'artists' category called "unknown". If I 'explore' the music folder on the Bold everything looks ok.

Any idea how to get the folders to read correctly in the music app?

thanks!
    04-14-09 06:37 AM
    The music app is looking at your file's tags. If your mp3s aren't tagged correctly (meaning you don't have correct info for fields like "artist" and "title"), the app won't know who did the tracks and you'll wind up with a bunch f them where the artist is "unknown."
    04-14-09 06:39 AM
    thanks - do you know how I can modify the tags?
    04-14-09 06:41 AM
    Most media player apps on your computer will do it. I like to use a program called mp3tag to do manage my whole collection.

(Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2))
    04-14-09 06:45 AM
    many thanks!
    04-14-09 06:50 AM
    No problem. I'm a DJ and have to manage a pretty amazingly huge collection of mp3s. That program helps me out daily.
    04-14-09 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD