okay guys i'm a new to crackberry and i'm having quite a bit of trouble with my new bold 9000. everytime the "mute" is pushed on my brothers bold 9700 the password lock is enabled. does anybody know how to do this on a bold 9000? any help would be much appreciated.
    03-25-11 10:37 AM
    actually you would be pressing the lock button on the 9700.... they are both on the top of the phone, top left is lock, top right is mute.
    03-25-11 11:43 AM
    You would need to make sure that you have a password set on your device under security options, and I believe there is also an option to have the device lock upon sleeping or after a certain period of time.
    03-25-11 11:47 AM
    actually you would be pressing the lock button on the 9700.... they are both on the top of the phone, top left is lock, top right is mute.
    your right, on the bold 9000 it is mute/lock. is it not possible to lock the phone using this button on my bold?
    03-25-11 12:08 PM
    You would need to make sure that you have a password set on your device under security options, and I believe there is also an option to have the device lock upon sleeping or after a certain period of time.
    yes i have the password set to turn on every 30 min the phone is not in use. but i think it's more convenient to do it myself whenever i'm done using the phone.
    03-25-11 12:09 PM
    If you go to phone options and turn off dial from home screen, you can press K to password lock

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD