Yeah, Q10 might be a nice phone per se, but as a replacement for the 9900 it fails miserably...it just can't do the things that make the 9900 great...!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    My thoughts exactly! So true. Nice avatar by the way.
    02-09-14 03:20 PM
    Its been about 2 and a half years for me, crazy how time flies!

Damn I love this phone. Everything about it feels so good, and just works. I've had it for this long, never using a case, and it doesn't have one scratch! Even after dropping it on cement or hard wood floors.

Like other people have said, I too have been looking into the Q10 but I cant seem to pull the trigger. This 9930 is so awesome that I don't want to give it up. If only it had better internet, browser, and battery!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I'm in the same boat. The phone is a beast and just does everything I need it to perfectly. I tried the Q out and for what I do and need my BB for it was a major step backwards complained to the 9900 series. A 9900 new handset would be outstanding if it ran the old software and had an updated quicker browser.
    02-09-14 03:23 PM
    I'm in the same boat. The phone is a beast and just does everything I need it to perfectly. I tried the Q out and for what I do and need my BB for it was a major step backwards complained to the 9900 series. A 9900 new handset would be outstanding if it ran the old software and had an updated quicker browser.
    Absolutly. If the 9900 had a better browser and battery, I would still rock that phone for another 2 years no problem.

As of today, I gave in and bought the Q10 after months of mental debate. As of right now, I like this phone a lot but it's still not a 9930. Maybe I need more time to look into how to use this phone more efficiently, but I feel like there is something missing...

Maybe it's the call button, trackpad, and end buttons. I just loved how simple, easy, and efficent it was to go back and forth between making phone calls and composing texts on the 9930. Plus copying and pasting seemed a lot easier. And navigation on those hard to read sites seemed easier with the trackpad.

Give me some time with this Q and I will love it just as much as my 9930. I can tell.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:43 PM
    I've had mine since about release - 2.5 years now. I'm a heavy heavy heavy user and in this time frame have replaced the keyboard and the battery (a few months ago). I've noticed that I'm getting some of the same problems as when the previous battery was nearing the end of its life. I'll go from 40% to "Battery too low for radio use" in no time and before it should even be "low battery". My girlfriend uses a 9900 as well so we're going to swap batteries for a day or two and see how it runs. It's weird, though. As I said, I purchased a brand new OEM battery a few months ago and prior to the last few weeks it had been working perfectly. I haven't updated my OS or touched anything in terms of software.

Having said all of this...thoughts on the following buys?

Battery JM1 J M1 JM 1BLACKBERRY Bold Bold 9900 9930 Torch 9850 9860 | eBay

New High Capacity Battery J M1 JM1 for Blackberry Bold 9900 9930 9850 9790 OD33 | eBay

I'm especially intrigued at the latter...but it seems too good to be true.
    02-11-14 10:25 PM
    I've had mine since about release - 2.5 years now. I'm a heavy heavy heavy user and in this time frame have replaced the keyboard and the battery (a few months ago). I've noticed that I'm getting some of the same problems as when the previous battery was nearing the end of its life. I'll go from 40% to "Battery too low for radio use" in no time and before it should even be "low battery". My girlfriend uses a 9900 as well so we're going to swap batteries for a day or two and see how it runs. It's weird, though. As I said, I purchased a brand new OEM battery a few months ago and prior to the last few weeks it had been working perfectly. I haven't updated my OS or touched anything in terms of software.

New High Capacity Battery J M1 JM1 for Blackberry Bold 9900 9930 9850 9790 OD33 | eBay

Yea I know what you mean with that one. My 9930 did the same thing when the battery would go out. As for the high capacity batteries, I would say get them both if you're that hard on your phone. Even a couple OEM batteries and switch them out everyday or couple days, so they all can cycle through without burning out right away.

Peace

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 01:20 AM
    Two years on 9900. Now on Z10. 9900 was maybe the best phone i have used.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    02-12-14 02:46 PM
    Yea I know what you mean with that one. My 9930 did the same thing when the battery would go out. As for the high capacity batteries, I would say get them both if you're that hard on your phone. Even a couple OEM batteries and switch them out everyday or couple days, so they all can cycle through without burning out right away.

Peace

Posted via CB10
    Ever able to fix it? Do you think it's a battery issue or the phone simply just getting older?

Has anyone ever used a high capacity battery? Thoughts?
    02-12-14 03:35 PM

I'm a heavy user as well. Haven't had any experience with the mentioned batteries but have a mugen 3600 that's works flawlessly if you can put up with the extra bulk. I was able to get use to it in no time as I find it comfortable to type on with the extension from the battery.
    Nauwiesbande likes this.
    02-13-14 10:01 AM
    Just got of mine few days ago. I come from my bold 9000. Love keyboard, touchpad from 99xx

02-14-14 06:05 PM
    Just got of mine few days ago. I come from my bold 9000. Love keyboard, touchpad from 99xx

Nice upgrade from the 9000. That was a rock star of a BB as well. With all the latest and greatest its refreshing to hear so done say they just got a 9900 series.
    02-14-14 08:13 PM
    I think I'm the minority on this part of the forums. I like my Q10 a lot better than my 9900. Of course, it has its shortcomings. There are no themes and there are virtually no ringtones, and downloading new ones is a pain.

This phone doesn't freeze or randomly reboot, and the browser is amazing! I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to my wonderful 9900. I'd die without the Hub.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    02-16-14 09:15 AM
    Going on 9 months on the secondhand 9930. Battery already died once so I can only guess this device has seen its fair share but it's still working admirably.
    02-18-14 09:49 PM
    I use a torch, but i just ordered a 9900..coming in the mail!!!
    02-19-14 01:34 AM
    Just switched from a Z10 back to legacy. my old 9780 i bought in 2010, then bought a 9320 for a cheap backup, now I found a great deal on a 9900. Truly happy now, after losing my last 9900 back in March. I will be keeping this one until BlackBerry decides to come around with a bbos replacement for this dated, but still amazing device.
    andy957 likes this.
    02-19-14 09:29 AM
    I used it for close to a year before getting my Z10 some days I'll switch sim cards and use it....I don't think anything beats the keyboard on it.

Posted via CB10
    Dunmanway Emar likes this.
    02-19-14 09:36 AM
    I got my 9900 in November 2012. Switched to my Z10 in March 2013. Sadly the shortest lived device I've ever had as a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    May i ask why?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App! on my Oppo Find Way S
    02-19-14 10:30 PM
    May i ask why?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App! on my Oppo Find Way S
    When BlackBerry gives you a Limited Edition Z10, you don't say no

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 08:00 AM
    I've been using my 9900 for 28 Months now and going strong. I had a Q10 for my work phone and it was nice once I got used to it but the cost of the device I don't see it worth it to upgrade. I'll hold out for the Q30 and hopefully that's better than the Q10.
    02-20-14 12:40 PM
    I used it for close to a year before getting my Z10 some days I'll switch sim cards and use it....I don't think anything beats the keyboard on it.
    Just curious, how can you do that? They don't use the same SIM cards.
    02-20-14 06:44 PM
    Just curious, how can you do that? They don't use the same SIM cards.
    The Z10 sim will still work in the 9900 you just need to make it fit correctly. You just need to make sure you position the micro sim properly in the 9900. If it is touching all of the contacts then you are good to go. I've had no issues with it. It's never come out of place or anything like that.

I believe some people also us a sim card adapter but I've heard it can damage the contacts in the sim card tray so I've never tried one.
    02-20-14 09:09 PM
    BlackBerry since 2006.
    9900 Since 6 Dec. 2011
    02-21-14 04:43 AM
    The Z10 sim will still work in the 9900 you just need to make it fit correctly. You just need to make sure you position the micro sim properly in the 9900. If it is touching all of the contacts then you are good to go. I've had no issues with it. It's never come out of place or anything like that.

I believe some people also us a sim card adapter but I've heard it can damage the contacts in the sim card tray so I've never tried one.
    Yeah the 9900 is one of a few BlackBerry models which has the sim orientated in such a way that both micro and regular (actually mini) SIM cards would fit.

Thanks to still having RIM provisioning on my plan, I can switch back and forth from BlackBerry 10 to BlackBerry 7. Although I've yet to do that now that I've gotten a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 06:58 AM
    2-1/2 years with my 9900. Just bought a new battery and feel like I have a new phone. I am the type of person that loves to have the latest and greatest, but I have to tell you that I am so content with this phone. E-mails, texting, calendar, tasks, NFC, Googling, nightstand clock/alarm. Simple needs that are met efficiently and reliably...
    02-21-14 08:13 AM
    2-1/2 years with my 9900. Just bought a new battery and feel like I have a new phone. I am the type of person that loves to have the latest and greatest, but I have to tell you that I am so content with this phone. E-mails, texting, calendar, tasks, NFC, Googling, nightstand clock/alarm. Simple needs that are met efficiently and reliably...
    Just gave my 9930 a new battery, too (and soon maybe a new Otterbox Commuter case...charge cover is so-so). It does messaging so flawlessly and just works.

- Scott
    02-21-14 08:23 AM
    I've had my 9930 since launch day on Verizon. Purchased a Z10 on launch day to upgrade/replace my Bold but it just sits in the drawer; just use it to update os and try android/bb aps but that's it.
    02-21-14 04:38 PM
66 123