mine can never pass day 3 without charge, even with minimum use.
    02-06-09 07:56 PM
    Depends, maybe if I hardly use it and lower the brightness to 10 I could see it going for a few days. Mine usually just makes a day, have a spare just in case.
    02-06-09 07:58 PM
    Even with conservative use, I have to charge mine daily. Of course, what I consider conservative and what you consider conservative are probably 2 completely different things... lol
    02-06-09 07:59 PM
    Day three???? My battery will easily drain in 12 hours.
    02-06-09 07:59 PM
    yeah i already set the bright to 10 and turn off my wifi, idk what else i can setup to maximize my battery life
    02-06-09 08:00 PM
    12 hours oh man thats sucks.
    02-06-09 08:00 PM
    Mines last like about 12 hours too. How do I get my bold to last for 3 days???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 08:55 PM
    For me:

Max brightness + auto-adjust backlight, occasional use (15 mins of calls per day, 2 or 3 emails, no TXT, and about 30 mins of 3G surfing), standby when not using it = 3-4 days between charges.

The standby REALLY helped. The first couple days I was down near 40% by the time when I got home from work. Now it's only down near 80%.
    02-06-09 09:06 PM
    My first day back at work after a month off I was so bored I killed the battery, full to red in 12 hours. With my usage I have to charge over night, I don't think it would last two days without it. With facebook twitter, viigo, msn, text messages, email, music, video, a few phone calls, checking out crackberry and some BB messenger I think my usage is pretty high.
    02-06-09 09:10 PM
    I have always thought my Bold battery life sucked worse than ANY phone I have ever owned. Granted this is my first BB so I never thought about it much, but it certainly surprised me when I first got my Bold, took it to school on a full charge, and, 5 hours later, it had one bar. It does this EVERY DAY. I have gotten used to it, but now I'm thinking I need to try updating the OS. It came with .126 or something. Maybe that's the problem??
    02-06-09 09:21 PM
    I have always thought my Bold battery life sucked worse than ANY phone I have ever owned. Granted this is my first BB so I never thought about it much, but it certainly surprised me when I first got my Bold, took it to school on a full charge, and, 5 hours later, it had one bar. It does this EVERY DAY. I have gotten used to it, but now I'm thinking I need to try updating the OS. It came with .126 or something. Maybe that's the problem??
    Definitely upgrade it to at least .162 (the latest Rogers authorized OS for the Bold). There is a marked increase in battery life.

That being said, it depends on what you're doing with the phone. If you're constantly messaging and using the internet and/or messaging, you will use up your battery a lot faster.
    02-06-09 09:31 PM
    my battery lasts the day on os 4.6.0.234
    02-06-09 09:34 PM
    I am in class for those 5 hours, so it still boggles my mind why the full battery goes to one bar when I get out. I have resorted to turning off my phone until I get out of class (which to me is insane...but since I'm technically not supposed to use the phone anyway, it's not really a problem) lol. The times I forget to turn it off, it just sits in my pocket and yet, I get the one bar when I get out. Weird. The only reason I'm now thinking that may be bad is because I'm seeing this thread where users have one day before charging, etc. And BTW, it takes even longer to charge. Maybe its my OS. I let my bro borrow my Bold so when I get it back, I'll definitely try updating the OS.
    02-06-09 09:40 PM
    It could just be that while you're in class your phone is constantly searching for signal, which kills your battery pretty quick.
    02-06-09 09:47 PM
    Mine will last 4 or 5 days.

I only turn on Wifi when I need it. I have it AutoOff/On from 12:30am/9:30am. And, I use it infrequently as a phone.

On the usage side, I use PodTrapper to listen to podcasts about 1.5 hours a day, use Memo/Notes a lot, and get 10-25 emails/SMS per day.
    02-06-09 10:03 PM
    Mine lasts about two days with good use of email and my browsers.

02-06-09 10:21 PM
    Mine will last 4 or 5 days.

I only turn on Wifi when I need it. I have it AutoOff/On from 12:30am/9:30am. And, I use it infrequently as a phone.

On the usage side, I use PodTrapper to listen to podcasts about 1.5 hours a day, use Memo/Notes a lot, and get 10-25 emails/SMS per day.
    Are you in 3G or EDGE. I think those getting more than a day of use may be in EDGE. 3G is a battery hog on all devices. Especially those with all the bells and whistles. Period. You pretty much have to resolve yourself to charging daily, sometimes more, or bulking up the device with a fat, heavy extended battery.
    02-06-09 10:21 PM
    my battery lasts the day on os 4.6.0.234
    Same here ^^.
    Right now I'm at 30% after 12hrs. Of course that varies day to day.

02-06-09 10:24 PM
    I can usually make it to day 2 but not all the way through. But I rarely try. Put it in the pod every night.

Am I the only person who doesn't find that wifi drains the battery? On or off seems to make no difference to my phone.
    02-06-09 10:31 PM
    It also helps to have a charger at home and at work to keep my charge nice and healthy.
    02-06-09 10:31 PM
    I can usually make it to day 2 but not all the way through. But I rarely try. Put it in the pod every night.

Am I the only person who doesn't find that wifi drains the battery? On or off seems to make no difference to my phone.
    I have noticed that my battery does not go down with the wifi either. That is weird but believe me when I say that I am not arguing the fact. My batt lasts for a day and a half but as with you I do not risk my battery dying. So I charge it every 36 hours or so.

02-06-09 10:34 PM
    my 9000 is rogers and OS 217
    i have 4 emails acc, and few draining batteries apps like viigo, samecell.
    i have my yahoo messenger, gtalk and of course bbm on.
    i chat quite frequently and receive more than 20 emails/day
    i surf approx 30 mins/day
    i turn my connection to 2G only
    brightness min to 10
    my profiles is call n sms with tone n vibrate
    email none
    IM's vibrate only

but usually i charge whenever i'm home and when i took shower to leave the next day. so it's like twice a day if possible

but when if i let it draines, it could last a li'l bit less than 24 hours.
    02-07-09 01:19 AM
    I unplugged mine at 0430. I used it all day text/email/ calls, turn by turn directions. Its midnight now and I have 3 out of 10 bars. not bad.
    02-07-09 02:01 AM
    I'm boggled at the people that have it last for 4 days seriously? I have everything off but I like my 3g, I would say I am a pretty heavy user 10-20 emails per day, 10-50 texts per day, bbm used frequently, rare surfing, facebook running, and anywhere from 1-3 hrs of phone and I last one day.

I have one question though why do you care honestly if your phone lasts 4 days I charge mine when I go to sleep at night and I stop charging in the morning regardless of how much battery is left who cares if you didn't use your phone that day and its at 50%.

With other heavy users on my really crazy days I try to charge my phone whenever I'm in the car with a car charger and if you find it hard to talk on it while is hooked up to the car charger use the wired headset or the bluetooth headset.

02-07-09 02:45 AM
    about 1.5 days with heavy use.
    02-07-09 04:35 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD