hi, i have os6 running on a 9700. i was wondering how long do sms get saved for, i noticed after a few days when i havent texted a person, there previous sms will been marked green and when i go inside the message, its all blank.
    12-06-10 12:30 AM
    You can choose how long to keep any Messages. From Messages (not Text Messages) press Menu, select Options and then Messages Display and Actions, scroll down this page to the bottom and set Days To Keep Messages.
    12-06-10 03:02 AM
    i understand that. im asking about text messages though. do they go blank (erased) after some time? when i go into the sms icon, if i go into someones name, the messages are gone.
    12-06-10 05:20 AM
    thats what Pete6 is talking about.... the messages options apply to your sms messages aswell....
    12-06-10 06:05 AM
    Yup, that's what I was referring to.

The option I gave you relates to all types of Messages.
    12-06-10 06:57 AM
    That is a bug for me, SMS just disappear lol

So I delete the sms thread that's blanked out and make a new one, problem solved for me. Hope it's the same for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 01:23 PM
    i have it set for 180 days right now, but the text messages went blank after a week or soo, seems like if i dont txt that person for a few days it goes blank, someone i txt regularly all the previous history is there.
    12-06-10 02:56 PM
    If you are using OS 6.0 go to:

messages>options>message display and actions>days to keep messages

The default is 30 days. Any SMS saved beyond 30 days will be deleted but the subject line will remain visible and highlighted green. Unfortunately these saved SMS are gone.

Change the default from 30 to forever or a longer time frame so in the future you don't run into this problem.

Hope that helps!!
    04-06-11 02:13 PM
    i have it set for 180 days right now, but the text messages went blank after a week or soo, seems like if i dont txt that person for a few days it goes blank, someone i txt regularly all the previous history is there.
    Is this happening with certain people, or all of them? It is possible that the person sending to you has an auto deletion mode set on their end. There are apps one can download to their phone to "self destruct" after a certain period of time or once read for their sent messages. Might want to check with this person.
    04-06-11 02:50 PM
    The same thing is happening to me, but its not after a few weeks but a few days like two to three days later the sms history get deleted.
    04-14-11 02:55 PM
    You can choose how long to keep any Messages. From Messages (not Text Messages) press Menu, select Options and then Messages Display and Actions, scroll down this page to the bottom and set Days To Keep Messages.
    i want to keep the SMS messages but want the emails to be deleted after a certain period of time, i guess there is no way.. since it affects both sides.
    04-14-11 05:28 PM
    I have mine set to forever and have done since uploading to OS6 and I have the same problem all messages sent and receievd before May this year have gone, bever had this problem on OS5, anyone found a fix for this or knows what else it might be... not happy!
    09-15-11 07:34 AM
    U can choose how long u want them saved for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD