This may seem such a simple question, but its baffled me ever since i got my blackberry nearly a year ago

How do i directly link a the e-mail address of an e-mail i have recieved to a phone book contact? There seems no way to do this which is odd! When i receive the E-mail i only have the option to "add new contact" not "add address to existing contact"
    06-07-09 06:34 PM
    You can copy the email address and then Paste it in the contact you desire.
    06-07-09 06:49 PM
    and there is 2 really great Apps 1 is called Grabbit the other im not sure but i think its sold here and to try iy them both there is a trial version as well..
    06-07-09 07:01 PM
    Highlight the sender's name, menu-show address, menu-copy, open address book, edit the contact, menu-paste

If they are not in you address book: highlight the sender's name, menu-Add to Contacts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 07:16 PM
    i found ur question interesting so i tried it out.

i sent myself an email to my blackberry with an email address in it. then i opened the email, i scrolled over to the email address contained within the body of the email and it automatically highlighted the whole address, then i just hit menu and scrolled down to an option called "add to contacts." at this point i thought i had solved ur question. then i realized that this creates a new contact rather than adding the email to an existing one.

so i guess the best thing is to just copy/past the address into he existing contact or get one of those apps.
    06-07-09 11:11 PM
    Ive used Grab-it (I think it was that one or the other - cant remember!) but it's easier just to use copy-paste

Takes roughly same time but really simple if you know shortcuts...

A shortcut i use ALL the time is when you've copied something, instead of pressing menu-paste or whatever, just hold down the Alt button and press the trackball and it will then paste the copied stuff wherever your trackball is now...!

Little tricks like this make it even easier to copy-paste email adds!

But in case someone is reading from RIM - ADD IT TO OS5

Nirave
    Last edited by nvious; 06-07-09 at 11:18 PM. Reason: message to RIM!
    06-07-09 11:18 PM
    I click the name, click S to select Show Address and click it, click the address and click C to select copy, exit the email and click A to open the address book, click the first couple letters of the contact's name I'm editing, click it, choose edit, and paste in the address. I guess it sound like a lot, but it takes approximately 5 seconds.

06-07-09 11:44 PM
    Many people are suggesting the simple copy and then paste into the contacts entry - but this is exactly the time consuming thing I am trying to avoid lol!!

Will have to try those apps, cheers guys

06-08-09 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD