Hello fellow Berries, I'm considering to purchase a Bold 9000 mainly for texting and some light browsing.
    I would like to know if the Bold 9000 supports Whatsapp. If it does, would the device lag badly? Considering that its a pretty old model.

Any user experiences would definitely help. Thanks!
    10-09-14 11:17 PM
    WhatsApp is available on BlackBerry World for the 9900. It works fine for messaging, but just don't expect it to be like the WhatsApp experience on BB10, iOS or Android though.
    10-09-14 11:25 PM
    I'm about to find out!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:13 PM
    I'm curious as to whether it's possible to use the 9000 or the 9700. Is it efficient? I feel like the OS's are so advanced and flashy today that it's actually too complicated now. It's not impossible to use. It's perfectly fine. But I miss simplicity. I still believe the greatest blackberry that "I" ever used was the 9650 Bold. I hated how long it took to reboot, everyone did, but the simplicity in communication and productivity nearly trumped that issue.

I bought a 9000 and it should be here next week. Wish I got the 9700 but it is what it is. I'm going to try to work backwards and see how I deal with it.
    10-22-14 12:47 PM
    My 9000 arrived today. Much earlier than expected. LOVE it so far. Just wish the cb forums would work better. Can't find an efficient way to post anything. Would love to give the 9000 a spin for a week lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    10-25-14 10:32 PM
    Greetings Coraya, I've got both the 9000 and 9700. I have to say both of them are such elegant beauties. Like you, I find the modern day smartphone OS too glitzy. I'd prefer the legacy BB devices, they're real awesome. The build quality of the Bold 9000 is superb. Though some may find it bulky, the thickness and weight to me is just right. Not too light or slim that it might slip out of your hand. It has a solid feel when holding in the palm of your hands. The OS itself is not snappy, but simple and gets stuff done.

Kudos to Blackberry for coming up with such an appreciable product!

Cheers.
    10-26-14 05:45 AM
    Oops, I was referring to the Bold 9000. Anyways, Whatsapp is supported on it, for the curious ones.
    10-26-14 05:46 AM
    Greetings Coraya, I've got both the 9000 and 9700. I have to say both of them are such elegant beauties. Like you, I find the modern day smartphone OS too glitzy. I'd prefer the legacy BB devices, they're real awesome. The build quality of the Bold 9000 is superb. Though some may find it bulky, the thickness and weight to me is just right. Not too light or slim that it might slip out of your hand. It has a solid feel when holding in the palm of your hands. The OS itself is not snappy, but simple and gets stuff done.

Kudos to Blackberry for coming up with such an appreciable product!

Cheers.
    Glitzy!! That's the perfect word for it. I thought I'd might put the 9000 down right away after playing with the OS a little bit. I miss the simplicity of the OS. One of the first things I did was set the memopad app to the right side convenience key. I was able to take notes on an event I was watching and it was very pleasant. The browser leaves speed to be desired when even connected to Wifi but the device made me very happy. I may just go to tmobile, grab a SIM card and pop it in since it's unlocked. I know that the browser is slow and I may not be able to use it as a daily driver for long but sure would be nice. Admire the elegance of what blackberry used to be:
    May not be able to see it too well, but the battery door is a dark shade of brown.
    How is it like to be using the Bold 9000-img_20141026_082630.jpg

How is it like to be using the Bold 9000-img_20141026_082652.jpg

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    andy957 likes this.
    10-26-14 07:31 AM