Does anyone know how to install the Google Maps version 4.5.3 app on the Blackberry Bold 9000? Where do I get it? How do I install it?

I was able to find a ZIP file online, and I copied it to my Blackberry storage card. Now what? I don't think this phone has a file manager or any means to "run" the ZIP file.

Please help. Thank you!
    08-02-15 03:43 PM
    To access File Manager on the 9000 open your Media app, press your BlackBerry button, and choose Explore.
    You will now see the File Manager and can navigate to your device's memory and SD card if you have one.

However, to install the Google Maps app, you will need to use a computer.
    Unzip the file to a folder on your computer.
    It should contain a .ALX file and one or more .COD files.
    Use BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer to load the .ALX file and install the app onto your 9000.
    rcranz likes this.
    08-02-15 05:47 PM
    Thank you! It worked according to your advice. I now have Google Maps 4.5.3 running on my AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000. It says "GPS temporarily unavailable" when I try to view "My Location", but at least I can search the maps.

Do you know why my GPS is temporarily unavailable? It's been over 20 minutes now and still a no go?
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-03-15 05:42 AM
    Thank you! It worked according to your advice. I now have Google Maps 4.5.3 running on my AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000. It says "GPS temporarily unavailable" when I try to view "My Location", but at least I can search the maps.

Do you know why my GPS is temporarily unavailable? It's been over 20 minutes now and still a no go?
    It's been quite awhile sense I last had Google Maps on a legacy BlackBerry.
    First thing, try a battery pull to see if it will start working after reboot.
    Check to see if Location Aiding is enabled on your Bold, look under Setting/Device/Location Settings. Google Maps app requires this to be on for it to work.
    Next, test the GPS to make sure it is working, see:
    How to Perform Diagnostic Tests on Your BlackBerry Hardware
    Also you can try the built in BlackBerry Maps app to see if the GPS is working correctly.
    Of course, for best results, be outside with an unobstructed view of the sky.

I used to use a simple GPS status meter that would show you coordinates and a sync & signal meter for the satellites to quickly check if my GPS was working correctly or not on my old legacy BlackBerrys.
    I don't remember the name of the app off the top of my head, I won't have my old devices handy until later tonight to see what the app name was.
    I'll edit my post here when I remember/find the app name.

EDIT: LOL, I click save and suddenly remember it - GPS Tool - https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US
    rcranz likes this.
    08-03-15 10:24 AM
    The GPS "My Location" feature works now. All I had to do was be patient and wait. Thanks again for your help!
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-03-15 02:10 PM
    The GPS "My Location" feature works now. All I had to do was be patient and wait. Thanks again for your help!
    How are things back in 2008?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-03-15 02:38 PM
    Last edited by rcranz; 08-04-15 at 03:32 AM.
    08-04-15 03:22 AM
    Haha, funny! But, 2008 was a good year for me. 8)

Actually, I have tons of current technology such as Android tablets, iPhones, etc etc... I wanna get the Classic and/or Passport soon, but for now I stick with my old faithful Bold 9000. For my daily driver all I need is a phone, text messages, mail, and maps. Gaming and videos is kiddy stuff mon! 8P
    Postfuhramt likes this.
    08-04-15 03:28 AM