Ive been digging around, but I cannot seem to find a post I read earlier about increasing the 9650's battery life. I want to say it was about 11 items long

Anyway, heres what Ive done to help out.

backlight brightness at 10
    time out at 20
    autodim off (yet it still automatically changes in environment? how do i turn this off?)
    led coverage indicator off
    keytone off
    data sevices off (unless i need to do something)
    network selection home only
    network technology 1XEV
    wi-fi off
    bluetooth off
    auto-off 11pm weekdays, 2 am weekends
    auto-on 6 am weekdays, 7 am weekends

anyone else have any tips?
    06-10-10 09:53 AM
    close all applications such as internet
    06-10-10 10:08 AM
    Ahhh the browser will not shut down along with phone, messages, home screen. Besides they draw little to no power.

All this battery talk. Here is the deal the batteries are lithium ion and love to be charged. there is no "conditioning" or training a lithium ion battery. Just charge your bb every night and go. Mine lasts all day and when I go to sleep it is at 40 percent and the only thing I have off is Bluetooth. I use wifi when my signal gets dropped. I work in a huge hospital so I am using the private network to supplement my data. I get and send a lot of email and texts during the day an am always looking up something on the web.
    06-10-10 10:28 AM
    06-10-10 12:32 PM
    Not worth paying almost $40 just to gain 300mah imo... Especially when the 2600mah is about $50 with a 90% increase.
    06-10-10 02:20 PM
    Not worth paying almost $40 just to gain 300mah imo... Especially when the 2600mah is about $50 with a 90% increase.
    what you gain in cost savings, you lose in bulkiness...everything is a tradeoff, and everybody has different priorities. for me $40 is a small extra price to pay for my phone to actually make it from wake-up to bedtime instead of falling just short. obviously i would love to almost double the battery life, but the increased bulk of the phone does not work for me at any cost (plus the $30 i spent on my otterbox commuter case, for that matter).

but to each his own, of course.
    06-10-10 03:27 PM
    oh and also, disabling java does indeed make the browser load pages noticably faster, but i cannot say with any certainty whether that affects battery life.
    06-10-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD