I've bought a BlackBerry smartphone for 2 reasons: security and battery life. And because it's for professional use due to its email handling system.

Whereas, I make very intensive use of my 9790 Bold. I push the button and turn the display on and off hundreds of times during the day.

My battery lasts a day (18-22 hours). Calls drain lots of power.

I want to improve this, and I want my BB smartphone to last at least a couple of days without recharging - or 1 1/2 days (36 hours).

Is this possible? I've read somewhere that the 9790, and BBOS 7 in general, have issues concerning battery life..

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance,
    Tyrexionibus
    02-02-14 07:15 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Not sure were you got the OS7/battery issues from (BGR?). Most OS7 devices have more stuff going on (software/hardware wise) and batteries that are (in comparison to older versions) a bit "smaller". But BBOS is known for good battery life overall.

It is possible, but I gotta tell you: 18-22 hours IS great battery already! You sound like you use your phone quite a bit during the day so I am not sure you can get much more out of a charge... Stilll... You can try this!

Ten Tips and Tricks to Extend your BlackBerry Battery Life! | CrackBerry.com
    02-02-14 10:52 PM