So I really want to black out my Bold, especially now since I'm using her naked. My only problem is that I have the Costco 3 year warranty and I really don't want to ruin that. My standby key already doesn't work yet I can't live without my BB.

I was thinking of sending her in to colorware yet its expensive and you can only send it in when you're in the US. So then I thought cnn, yet I have my 3 year warranty. Can I keep the warranty and black out at a less that astronomical price?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 10:53 AM
    Dude......I dunno how Costco is with their warranties but at AT&T they were pretty anal about looking for obvious signs of any sorts of mods.

They were giving me the evil eye when I had to change mine because of some errors I was getting with the unit.
    06-20-09 10:59 AM
    There is a little white "tamper" sticker covering the center screw on the right (If you take the back cover off your Bold, you can see it. When you do the frame swap, just use a razor blade to carefully peel the sticker off and then put it back when you reassemble it. As long as the sticker is still covering the screw when you go to warranty it (assuming the stock frame, etc is put back on first), you should have no problem.
    06-20-09 03:49 PM
    You also have to make sure you don't leave any marks, scratches or signs of tampering of any kind where they will see...
    06-20-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD