So there was a huge storm yesterday and my blackberry got soaked. I took it home and attempted to dry it out, and now everything except my 'p' and 'end' (red hang up button) keys are working. When i press the p key i get 3 simultaneously (ppp) and my end key just plain doesnt work. Assuming the end key never works again, is there any way to repair it, or more simply is there a way to end the call without using this key. And I understand there is the obvious battery pull but this is something id much rather avoid. Thanks in advance for all responses.
    05-24-11 01:31 PM
    Unfortunately, you probably have irreversible damage, since you used the device before drying it out.

This thread might still be worth a shot, but more than likely you will not be able to fix it.
    05-24-11 01:43 PM
    If you had one, you could set the phone to auto-end calls when placing it into a holster... but I guess you don't have one, otherwise it wouldn't have got soaked

In general, a BlackBerry + Water = Toast

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 01:47 PM
    I agree with Phil, use a holster and have auto hang up upon holster
    05-24-11 01:50 PM
    I had a similar issue with my old 8900 but there was no water involved, just a faulty keypad. I know it's not what you want to hear or the solution you're looking for, but you could always just wait for the other party to hang up the line first.

But these guys are pros with most likely the best solution for you.
    05-24-11 05:04 PM
    remove the battery after your call :P lol
    05-25-11 04:23 PM
    For what it is worth, been there, done that. Several times.

Last time my Torch got water-logged, everything but the trackpad started working again after 48 hours in the rice ... needless to say, the day AFTER I ordered a new replacement trackpad, the trackpad started working again.

My Torch was waterlogged again last week; this time, I'm without green or red working buttons, and the trackpad. So far, I'm not panicing and expect that in a week or so, these buttons will dry out like the trackpad did before. If not, so far I've found that the only thing I can't do via menus and the touchscreen is hang up a call ... there are work-arounds for everything else.
    08-18-11 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD