Hi everybody... im sorry if im out of the rules, I really don't understand as good as I want English, I'm from Honduras.
    Look, I have been several days trying to switch the phone number from my BB9650, it is used, and it was from Sprint, but it was not blocked, I did not need to use MPE2 to free.... but, the original phone number still appears on dial screen, and also I can't use services from another SIM in my country.

I found the way (I guess) to get the MSL code that I need to change that phone number... but I need the "starting address and the lenght bytes" to use UniCDMA... because I have no money to pay for services to someone to give me MSL code...

Please, if this post is in the wrong place, I'm really sorry... but I need some help for this problem.

Thanks a lot for your time.
    01-15-14 09:21 AM
    Hi wecafinas and welcome to the CrackBerry community !

As a first "rule of the thumb", I'd suggest that you fully wipe the used device, in order to go threw the whole setup process. Be sure that your carrier has enabled BIS for this device PIN and things may be fixed that easy

EDIT : important: I'm not sure if this device was yours or bought used. If it was yours, be sure to perform a backup with desktop software BEFORE wiping the device. If not, you'll lose anything personal like contacts, SMS and basically anything personal on the device.
    wecafinas likes this.
    01-15-14 09:32 AM
    Hi again... I will try to understand every technical word hehe...

Look.. when you say "wipe", I guess you mean, erase the OS and get that error, I dont remember the number, and then start again from zero.

Second... I'm not using right now the device because in my country nobody can't free it, believe me, is so ridiculous.. and for that reason, I cant take any "BB plan".
    The device sent to me by a brother of mine who lives in USA, he bought there, and used it apparently with the company T-Mobile, which I find strange because the device says clearly SPRINT. So the device is used. And I entered my SIM card and allows me to receive calls and messages because the device has no block message on the screen .... the problem I have is that even still see the original phone number of the device, and I do not know how to replace the number that I currently use.
    In fact, I thought I could fix the problem by updating the operating system, and managed to update and clean up, and then just installed some applications that interest me, so for me this process took me about 3 hours. Because as I read on the internet, you can get the MSL code through the use of using WinHex UniCDMA and programs, but I failed to really find a way to get the "starting address and bytes lenght" to proceed.

I really appreciate your time to answer.
    01-15-14 09:53 AM
    "Wipe" means restore the device to its initial pre-setup state. It will erase any setting and allow you to go through the setup again. This is available in the settings, under the security section (approx: depends on your OS version, can you spot it ?)

I'm not sure what you mean by "nobody can free it"; do you mean unlock the device (as in "get rid of carrier limitation") ?
    In this case there are several international services that will offer it for a few $.

or/and
    Do you mean BlackBerry data plans (BIS) are not available in Malaysia ? What is your carrier ?
    Saw that Umobile seems to offer this : https://www.u.com.my/blackberry/prepaid

edit: for unlocking your device, you may try this : http://www.getunlocked.com/#oid=1004_1
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-15-14 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Honduras, not Malaysia
    wecafinas likes this.
    01-15-14 10:11 AM
    Hi again.. well... I "wiped" when I got the cell phone, because I did not like to have my brothers information in there... so I restored the device at its original state. And then, I installed the OS again.. and then I updated that OS, from v5 to v6.

Pal, I don't live in Malaysia xD ... I live in Honduras (Central America), and yes, we have BIS, this service comes with Tigo and Claro carriers... but they can't give me BIS because the device comes from SPRINT USA, they need to unblock totally the device, but they can't (they say that to me)....

My friend, tell me something, Is there any way to get the "starting address and lenght bytes"?... If its posible, I will be happy
    01-15-14 10:20 AM
    Wiping will have no bearing on that. The CDMA portion of the device is read first, he will need to enter the MSL code I think it is called to be able to either edit or remove that number listed. I know some of them use *#000000# to enter this mode.

Found this, but it does NOT list the MSL code needed.

CDMA DIALER CODES (Sprint) - xda-developers

<snip>
    *#*#(your msl)#*#* -Service Menu
    <snip>

Superfly_FR and wecafinas like this.
    01-15-14 10:25 AM
    Hi again.. well... I "wiped" when I got the cell phone, because I did not like to have my brothers information in there... so I restored the device at its original state. And then, I installed the OS again.. and then I updated that OS, from v5 to v6.

Pal, I don't live in Malaysia xD ... I live in Honduras (Central America), and yes, we have BIS, this service comes with Tigo and Claro carriers... but they can't give me BIS because the device comes from SPRINT USA, they need to unblock totally the device, but they can't (they say that to me)....

My friend, tell me something, Is there any way to get the "starting address and lenght bytes"?... If its posible, I will be happy
    Sorry for the Honduras/Malaysia confusion lol ... was on another thread and mixed you guys. Sorry !!!
    (edited: see my last post)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-15-14 at 10:36 AM.
    wecafinas likes this.
    01-15-14 10:25 AM
    Wiping will have no bearing on that. The CDMA portion of the device is read first, he will need to enter the MSL code I think it is called to be able to either edit or remove that number listed. I know some of them use *#000000# to enter this mode.

Found this, but it does NOT list the MSL code needed.

CDMA DIALER CODES (Sprint) - xda-developers

<snip>
    *#*#(your msl)#*#* -Service Menu
    <snip>

Will an unlock procedure solve this ? (learning here)

Ok, I was reading the whole thing wrong ... Mhhhhoooooo !

I believe this can help :
    No, you don't need to do this with the Bold because the Bold is purely GSM and that means that it pulls it's phone number data from the SIM card. If the number is branded on the SIM, it'll show up correctly. If not, go into Options/SIM Card or Options/Advanced/SIM Card (I forget how it is layed out exactly since I don't have a GSM device in front of me now), but in there you can hit Menu and get an option for SIM Card Phone Number, which you can edit or whatever if it's wrong, but it shouldn't be wrong if you put in YOUR SIM card from your old phone on AT&T in it.
    See the whole thread and grab extra infos here : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...number-237069/
    01-15-14 10:28 AM
    Hi again...

I tried, but nothing worked as I need.

Do someone has the "CDMA Workshop 3.8 full"... ... I can't believe how hard is to get a MSL code from Sprint.. holly mom...
    I have an url from a web site where we can get MSL/SPC, I tried but is not ok for my BB... could someone try with yours to know if its ok or not:
    Code:
    http://goo.gl/d20SE1
    Sorry if that is not ok... but my url is not virus, don't worry, I just try to limit spam if I made it...
    01-17-14 04:36 AM
    wecafinas,
    PM me your MSN/MEID (do not publish it on the forum).

P.S: I'm not sure how relevant/safe/trustable this site can be. So, I'll do this to help, but cannot guarantee nor take any reponsibility for the results ...

How to get &quot;starting address and lenght bytes&quot; for Blackberry 9650?-capture.png
    01-17-14 06:12 AM