OK to keep a long story short, Ive been itching to get a bold again, so I was searching CL everyday for a good condition berry. Everything I saw was always "wear and tear", "a few scratches".... Just when I thought all hope was lost I found one, still with original screen pro on, only one tiny nick.

Made the call and off I went.

So here I am with my bold again, everything works perfectly except for one thing. I cant for the life of me figure out how to remove his older email icons.
    I'm not receiving his emails, but his yahoo icon, hotmail icon and @rogers.blackberry.com icons are still there.

The rogers rep told me that once I registered my pin and rebooted my phone everything would disappear; NOPE

How do I get rid of these buggers?
    08-14-09 12:19 PM
    You could go the easy route and just hide the icons...

Chris
    08-14-09 12:52 PM
    Yeah I could, but I'd rather not have them on there at all. I'm really picky
    08-14-09 12:54 PM
    delete those service books
    08-14-09 12:56 PM
    How do I go about doing that?
    I've never purchased a used berry other than this one

NVM I figured out where they are. Thanks guys
    Last edited by Draft; 08-14-09 at 12:59 PM.
    08-14-09 12:57 PM
    you can do a handheld wipe by going to: Options > Security > General > Press the Berry Button > Wipe Handheld...

Everything will be gone...
    08-14-09 03:05 PM
    Can't you just remove them from 'applications'?
    08-14-09 03:31 PM
    Those icons means there is data plan. So in order to remove them, i think you would most probably need to log on to the internet and remove from data plan.
    Long story short, For example, maybe u have 5 email accounts (yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc etc). Log on to the internet and remove the unnecessary accounts.
    Hope this helps
    08-15-09 06:48 AM
    Removing the service books will also take care of this. Also, when you wipe the device it will remove all of these (though they will be pushed back when you register the handset again.) If you have a replacement device then these icons will show on the new device when you register it with your BIS account.
    08-15-09 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD