Ok so I just got my bold a week or so ago, switched over from iPhone =P and my only complaint is all that AT&T garbage preinstalled. Ive loaded a new os and everything and cant seem to get rid of it. And I know its basically just web links but its annoying and I dont just want to hide it. I want it gone. Is this possible?
    08-19-09 06:58 PM
    You can't delete them, but you can put them all in a folder and hide the folder. I put all of mine in a folder called "crap" and hid it
    08-19-09 06:59 PM
    I love at&t and all the "cool" pre-loaded stuff. NOT. I hid mine as well.
    08-19-09 07:02 PM
    Lol. Well thanks guys. CrapFolder sounds like a plan. Haha.
    08-19-09 07:06 PM
    I just made a folder called hidden, sent everything I wanted gone to it and then, you guessed it, I hid it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 08:02 PM
    Its not "preloaded". Its Service Book driven. There's no way around it as they're constantly being pushed to your device. The best thing to do is put them in a folder and hide it as suggested.

08-19-09 09:12 PM
    I did the same thing. I put the AT&T stuff & everything else I don't use in a folder I called "Useless" and then hid that folder.

08-21-09 01:57 PM
    Ok so I just got my bold a week or so ago, switched over from iPhone =P and my only complaint is all that AT&T garbage preinstalled. Ive loaded a new os and everything and cant seem to get rid of it. And I know its basically just web links but its annoying and I dont just want to hide it. I want it gone. Is this possible?
    menu>settings>options>advanced options>service books>choose what u want to delete>menu key>delete.
    hopefully this is what you are looking for, u r trying to delete Media mall and all of that right?
    Last edited by molochete; 08-21-09 at 10:53 PM.
    08-21-09 10:50 PM
    You can't delete them, but you can put them all in a folder and hide the folder. I put all of mine in a folder called "crap" and hid it
    Cool idea.
    08-21-09 11:15 PM
    I put all of mine in the Applications folder and hid them.

08-21-09 11:17 PM
    menu>settings>options>advanced options>service books>choose what u want to delete>menu key>delete.
    hopefully this is what you are looking for, u r trying to delete Media mall and all of that right?
    Great idea but it won't work for long because every time you resend your service books, reboot, etc. it will be pushed back to the device. Best to hide and not have to repeat the process over and over.

Not trying to rain on your parade though
    08-22-09 12:11 AM
    Great idea but it won't work for long because every time you resend your service books, reboot, etc. it will be pushed back to the device. Best to hide and not have to repeat the process over and over.

Not trying to rain on your parade though
    Putting all that stuff in a folder I called "useless" and then hiding that folder worked well for me.

08-22-09 12:13 AM
    I don't even access that area anymore. I put what I use in Quicklaunch - problem solved.

08-22-09 12:14 AM
    Putting all that stuff in a folder I called "useless" and then hiding that folder worked well for me.

Yes that is the proper workaround for this problem. I hide them all and don't even bother putting them in a folder. That's just an extra step
    08-22-09 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD