I just got my first Blackberry ever and it is fantastic, but i want to install the non ATT software because ATT sucks and puts just on their phones! How do i do this?

thx
    11-30-09 10:43 PM
    What ATT software are you talking about? More specifics please?
    11-30-09 10:49 PM
    There is no legal way to do it. From what I understand there is some illegal software that will do what you want but it doesn't sound easy and to hear people who have done it it sounds as if it is totally not worth the trouble. There are several threads on ibis subject and in a few of them many folks reinstalled the original OS after all their troubles. You can do a search and find those threads

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 10:51 PM
    The whole reason im trying todo this is because i cane get blackberry maps to work and i was thinking this might because of att navigator
    11-30-09 10:58 PM
    The whole reason im trying todo this is because i cane get blackberry maps to work and i was thinking this might because of att navigator
    If you're on AT&T's network, you're out of luck as anything you change to make the BB Maps icon show up will be undone when you reboot.

Instead, go here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...cher-t-369440/
    11-30-09 11:00 PM
    doesn't matter...it is blocked via service books (99% sure anyways)
    11-30-09 11:00 PM
    Yep, its all controlled by the service books from your carrier.
    11-30-09 11:19 PM
    Just go to m.google.com/maps on your phone browser and download Google Maps. It's better and not blocked by AT&T.
    12-01-09 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD