I just bought my BB Bold from rogers yesturday and I really want MSN on it. Can anyone help???
    09-25-08 01:42 AM
    Define MSN
    09-25-08 01:44 AM
    windows live messenger

so I would be able to sign in with my @hotmail.com email and chat to people on my phone.
    09-25-08 01:45 AM
    windows live messenger

so I would be able to sign in with my @hotmail.com email and chat to people on my phone.
    http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft....do?code=wlm20
    09-25-08 01:47 AM
    Yeah I tried that both from my computer with having my BB Bold connected and got this message:

Unsupported Device

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Windows Live Messenger.

and also tried by going directly to that address on my BB Bold and got the unsupported message
    09-25-08 01:49 AM
    it should already be installed on your device.

in home menu > blackberry key > show all

check in download folder or Instant Messaging folder (if you have latest OS build).

if it doesn't show up then you are missing a service book.
    09-25-08 01:57 AM
    There's only a BlackBerry Messenger Folder and a Downloads Folder with nothing in it.
    09-25-08 02:02 AM
    Since you bought it from rogers they usually send it to you as a service book once the BIS is activated.
    09-25-08 02:02 AM
    lol explain..... i walked into the store yesturday and bought it, and upgraded my plan to have the data or w.e. I've neevr had a blackberry or smartphone before and so this is the first one on my account. I havent done anything else but buy it from the store. Help.
    09-25-08 02:04 AM
    I also just looked up what version I have and its the: v4.6.0.125
    09-25-08 02:10 AM
    Try this MSN live messenger work around a couple of forum folk put together, it worked for me perfectly. Ignore tha maps bit it was origianlly for both

Hope this helps

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/who...e-s-who-70013/

[IMG][/IMG]
    09-25-08 04:24 AM
    There is a much easier way to work around this install problem with Windows Live Messenger as follows ::

If you dont have Yahoo Messenger installed on your device start at step 2

1. If you have Yahoo Messenger installed on your device go to:
    Options >> Advanced Options >> Applications - and delete Yahoo Messenger from the device. When the device prompts you, select restart device and wait for it to boot back up

2. Go to the Yahoo Messenger icon and proceed to install Yahoo Messenger to your device

3. Once the application prompts you saying it has successfully installed select "OK"

4. After you select ok it will automatically redirect you back to the accept conditions screen in your browser. You must leave this screen up in the browser for this to work so exit browser using the red end call button. This will take you back to your home screen.

5. Now proceed to the Windows Live Messenger icon and proceed to install the Windows Live Messenger app through the icon which should be present on your handset.

6. Everything should install perfectly now. Seems there is a little glitch it picks up on or something but it definitely works a treat

This trick has also worked previously on my 8310 curve with Optus as well so i'm assuming this should work with all devices
    09-25-08 05:17 AM
    just went to blackberry homepage myself on the browser and went to "instant messaging for your blackberry smartphone" and installed OTA .. hope it goes easily for you!
    09-25-08 05:40 AM
    Bodisaffa's mentioned workaround worked perfectly for me.
    09-25-08 06:32 AM
    I'm on Rogers and i got it the first day i received my phone in the mail.
    Here's a screen
    Last edited by Bolded; 09-25-08 at 07:26 AM.
    09-25-08 07:22 AM
    In my downloads folder, i dont have any icons at all, its empty. Am i missing something?
    09-25-08 09:33 AM
    Go here
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    Create a account log in and click send Service Books
    09-25-08 11:22 AM
    do you have the blackberry internet/data plan in place?
    09-25-08 03:02 PM
    I tried to set up bis today but am told the device is all ready registered with anoter service and I can't find the service books on the device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 03:13 PM
    I have a $30 a month data plan with rogers, which is 6 Gigs.
    09-25-08 06:15 PM
    Give your carrier a call and get yourself set up on the BIS site
    09-26-08 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD