All of the buttons except for the camera button don't work on the sides of my Bold since getting it in October. In addition, there is a considerable amount of wear to the aluminum bezel.

Can I just replace that whole piece and make all of the buttons work somehow? Or do I have to send it in? If I push on the aluminum part enough the buttons work but that eventually fails as well.
    06-14-09 10:27 PM
    My left convenience key didn't work anymore. So what I did was order a new bezel which came with a latch, the mesh, and the buttons. I replaced it and my left convenience key worked again I blacked out my bold and looks very sleek + my key works again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 11:12 PM
    try tightening the screws a tad. when i broke a screw, my volume buttons did not work.

There are contacts on the board that make contact with the pins on the black mid-plate. The buttons themselves are on the mid-plate. You might want to pick up another one of those as well along with your bezel.
    06-14-09 11:28 PM
    try tightening the screws a tad. when i broke a screw, my volume buttons did not work.

There are contacts on the board that make contact with the pins on the black mid-plate. The buttons themselves are on the mid-plate. You might want to pick up another one of those as well along with your bezel.
    I can't believe that worked!!!
    All of the screws were loose and now my buttons work perfectly.
    06-16-09 10:45 PM
    I can't believe that worked!!!
    All of the screws were loose and now my buttons work perfectly.
    Cool! Glad I could help, but most of all, I'm glad your buttons are working again!
    06-17-09 12:27 AM
    My left convenience key seems to have died, but not completely. It works 50% of the time. I took the battery cover off and pinched the phone firmly on that side. Tried pressing the button while doing this and it works every time. Now I gotta get a torx screwdriver. Freaking awesome. I was dreading having to exchange it. Never would have thought of simply tightening the screws. Thanks!!
    06-17-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD