Is there any way to find out which cell phone company works the best in a given area? So I could type in a zip code and it would say something like att is the best, or verizon, or whatever? Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 07:39 PM
    I know that the T-Mobile website has its good/bad coverage map on its site. I'm not sure about the other carriers though.
    06-06-09 07:44 PM
    Yea all carriers have maps, but I don't really think that they are that reliable. They company obviously exagerates it. I want consumer feedback to tell me which service is the best in my area. I am moving soon and would like to find out if there are problems with my service and/or if one is extraordinary

06-06-09 07:51 PM
    Here's what I'd do. Go to the AT&T portion of the forum and start a thread like "Coverage in X, New York" and get feedback from people who are in that area.

I'd PM a Mod though and ask if you could start three different threads in those three different carrier discussion forums.
    06-06-09 07:52 PM
    Yeah that's a good idea, thanks

I wish there could just be a site that you could type in the zip and it would give you rate each service in that area

06-06-09 07:58 PM
    try BillShrink, I don't know how accurate it is though.
    06-06-09 10:30 PM
    Consumer Reports has a list by state, but i think you have to be a subscriber. Check their web site.
    06-06-09 10:47 PM
    The thing is only you will be able to determine what service will be best for your area. No matter how great of feedback you get for a particular carrier. There is no guarantee it will workout for you.
    06-07-09 02:09 AM
    i theoretically had 5 bars of t-mobile service in my apt last year. that's all they kept telling me, that i should have 5 bars. the map says 5 bars, how could you not have 5 bars? but no, there was no service. you've got to try it out yourself. haha
    06-07-09 04:15 AM
    I'm on voda and always had 3g wooo

06-07-09 06:12 AM
    i theoretically had 5 bars of t-mobile service in my apt last year. that's all they kept telling me, that i should have 5 bars. the map says 5 bars, how could you not have 5 bars? but no, there was no service. you've got to try it out yourself. haha
    That's because T-Mobile is the worst service to have in L.A. right next to Sprint.
    06-07-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD