I like my Bold with its original keyboard, bezel, battery cover, etc. However, I would like to change from the white trackball to a black trackball. How easy is it to change the trackball? Is it something that is easily broken while changing? I don't want to take a chance if it is hard to do, since I know it would void my warranty if I botch it.
    07-19-09 01:45 PM
    From the take apart YouTube videos it's looks pretty simple. Search bold take apart on YouTube.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 01:48 PM
    You won't void your warranty. Just check out videos on how to swap it out..

07-19-09 01:59 PM
    Thanks. I'll check YouTube.

07-19-09 02:12 PM

This information is INCORRECT. To swap the trackball, you must obviously disassemble your device, and in doing so you WILL void your warranty.

That being said, don't worry about your warranty. If it's working for you now without problems (i.e. not defective), it is unlikely that you will ever have to call upon your warranty to replace your phone.
    07-19-09 02:35 PM
    Swapping anything besides the battery cover is not very simple. You have to tear the whole thing apart and bye-bye warranty.
    07-19-09 02:41 PM

Bad information. Please read more and post less

07-19-09 02:56 PM
    Bad information. Please read more and post less

Funny thing about fabuloso, he's got over 1000 posts! He's obviously active on the forum and I presume he knows how to read. I wonder why he would spread such misinformation?
    07-19-09 02:59 PM
    Thanks for your corrections re: warranty (that swapping trackball does void). I'll watch YouTube and see how it's done. If it looks too hard I'll just wait till warranty is over to change trackball.

07-19-09 04:35 PM
    I just recently changed out my entire housing and trackball. It is a lot easier than you'd think. As long as you are fairly competent in handling things somewhat delicately, you'll be fine. Just don't rush and try to jam things where they don't belong. I am fairly certain that I could change out a trackball in under 5 minutes easily.
    07-19-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD