Just wondering because i heard if it falls like 2-3 feet on tile or carpet it'll break or something. Just wondering because thats just way to dangerous. And the whole Trackpad scare
    10-30-11 11:42 AM
    Not sure what "trackpad scare" you're speaking of, and what you're asking about is durability, not user-friendliness. 9700s are way more durable than that. 2-3 feet is nothing. Seriously. There are hundreds of posts here about what a great device it is, and it's worth protecting. The most protection you can get for it is the Otterbox Defender case. Here's a great story from CB on their durability: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...96/index2.html

If that doesn't sell you, nothing will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 11:56 AM
    9700 is a pretty tough device that can easily withstand a fall of 2-3 feet. That being said repeated falls obviously should be avoided.
    10-30-11 12:06 PM
    Get an otterbox defender case, then try not to drop your blackberry. Doing a forum search would have turned up the many existing threads on this.

10-30-11 04:51 PM
    My old 9700 fell a few times and it was fine, just a few scratches.. i remember what happened to a friend of mine when he dropped his iphone3.. lol
    10-30-11 06:01 PM
    I bought a 9700 from a european carrier around a year ago, and used it for 11 months. you can't imagine how may times i dropped it, even onto asphalt and tarmac from 10 feet, the bezel got scratched quite badly, but there wasn't any other physical damage to the phone (no cracks etc) and it still worked very well. Probably the best phone i've ever had, i even preferred it to the 9930 i currently have. it's a very durable phone, just be careful with it. based on my experience with it, you don't even need a case, just a skin. and the trackpad, there's nothing to worry about, it works very well, just some minor issues in direct sunlight. overall, great phone. loved it
    10-30-11 07:44 PM
    I've dropped mine numerous times on concrete. Its banged up cosmetically but absofricklutely doing else wrong with the fphone in regards to function. Screens still intact too.

10-30-11 08:43 PM
    Just wondering because i heard if it falls like 2-3 feet on tile or carpet it'll break or something. Just wondering because thats just way to dangerous. And the whole Trackpad scare
    I run mine naked with a screen cover 90% of the time.

I've dropped this thing from no **** 7 ft onto a tile floor, twice with zero issues. It's suffered many falls from 2-4 feet onto concrete, asphalt, tile, ect with absolutely no ill effects except some little scraps.

Like my 8900 and 8320 before it, the 9700 is a tank and as reliable as a smartphone gets.
    I don't even feel the need to case it, because it is not going to break.
    11-01-11 01:59 PM
    Mine got run over by a 40-ft container trailer and still very friendly up to now.

( Hope you don't believe me )

LOL
    11-05-11 01:09 PM
    my bold has fell a few times....without the case, and with, still works perfetto ;D
    11-05-11 05:17 PM
    I have dropped mine from over 6feet with NO case on and this bad boy still runs like new.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    11-06-11 12:06 AM
    2-3 ft drop should not cause any problems. A longer drop onto a hard surface might dislodge the battery if it lands in the "wrong" orientation, but that simply means a reboot and re-fit the cover. The worst drop damage I have ever seen on any Blackberry phone was cosmetic scratching to the bezel.
    11-06-11 05:48 AM
    my 9700 Was Fallen 3 times to the floor from My pocket's jean and It still working, Just got Trackpad a lil bit loose, but Its still working,
    till I gave It to My sister, and She dropped it Again from the table last week.. ( im not sure How far was the table from The floor) but Thanks god, It still working,
    11-06-11 06:30 AM
    One of the most stable devices and most durable I've seen. Ever.

11-06-11 07:03 AM
    I dropped mine many times. All that happened was a few scratches and chips in the outer edges. It was an amazing phone for that.

11-06-11 07:07 AM
    I dropped mine many times. All that happened was a few scratches and chips in the outer edges. It was an amazing phone for that.

Same here. I dropped it from 2nd floor and all that went bad were 2-3 keys and a few scratches. Didn't break :-O

11-06-11 07:17 AM
    Blackberries in general are more durable. Now iPhones and droids are another story, since the touch screens on them are glass they can break and I've seen it happen from a nasty fall on concrete.
    11-06-11 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD