I just downloaded it to my computer but i don't know how to get it in my phone it shows all the steps an i press finish on the computer nothing happens an when i open my blackberry desktop manager box on my computer i look up upgrade it doesn't show it there too it shows my .405 an a down grade .263 or something like that can some one give me step by step of doing this rite thank you.
    06-13-10 04:51 PM
    after installing the OS downloaded on your PC and restarting it, do the following:

1. Go to Computer \ c: \ program files \ common files \ research in motion \ apploader and delete a file called Vendor

2. Connect your BB to the PC via USB cable and start Destop Manager (DM) . link > BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

3. Run DM and backup your BB

4. Close DM and go to the same folder where you've found Vendor and look for a file called '' loader ''. Double click on it and follow the installation procedure afterwards by clicking Next/accept/finsh when appropriate. phone will reboot

5. Restore from DM
    06-13-10 05:00 PM
    06-13-10 05:49 PM
    I also have the same issue as luvjones. I'm on T-mobile OS .568 and i've followed both guides carefully and tried to upgrade my BB on three different computers. The upgrade just doesn't show up. In addition, I also tried to up to .680 but that also doesn't show up. Help guys?
    06-13-10 05:58 PM
    what do you mean by it's not showing up ?
    have you installed it on your PC ?

Please have a look at the link in my signature '' Any OS Installation Procedure ''. It has helped many
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 06-13-10 at 06:11 PM.
    06-13-10 06:02 PM
    i give up i even follow this tutorial on this link its not working on my windowsxp computer i follow every thing its doing it i tried 5 times i even restart the computuer before i try again

check this link i follow
    BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    06-13-10 06:26 PM
    ill just wait for the os6 comes out an see if it pops up in my blackberry manager desktop by it self when i look for an upgrade the legit way im done i tried every thing im running on .405 the installed version from at&t i just bought this phone thursday but i would like some one to explain what the difference from the os is it the icons or the way the home screen looks or what let me know any ways i would like to know but im satisfied with my .405 os i guess it wasn't meant for me to upgrade than an if any body got a video running on the new os let me see it on youtube or post it hear thanks im out or hit me up private
    06-13-10 06:32 PM
    i give up i even follow this tutorial on this link its not working on my windowsxp computer i follow every thing its doing it i tried 5 times i even restart the computuer before i try again

check this link i follow
    BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    I've been using Vista and Windows7 so perhaps it doesn't work on WindowsXP.

not sure though . . coz It should work !
    06-13-10 07:17 PM
    I used windows 7 on all the computers and installed the update. I deleted the vendor file, ran the loader, it consistently tells me that there is no update for my device.
    06-13-10 09:05 PM
    I got one more for you to try, im not sure how to post up links on here, but in the search section of Crackberry, type in WHY WONT MY OS UPDATE?? Click on the 1st link on the top. Read follow the steps provided, Blackberry 101 is great, but fails to mention, theres a hidden Vendor file, that you need to delete, WHY WONT MY OS UPDATE?? gives a lil more detail on how to upgrade your OS, try it out, hopefully it will help you out, i was on the same boat as you for the longest till i read this and it solved everything, and now i have no problem upgrading. And make sure your using App Loader and not Desktop Manager, hope this works out for you?
    06-13-10 09:08 PM
    I deleted the vendor file every time as stated in my previous post. Perhaps security wiping my phone will help? ideas?
    06-13-10 09:19 PM
    you deleted the vendor file? Did you delete the hidden vendor file? to delete the Vendor File Go to Computer \ c: \ program files \ common files \ research in motion \ apploader and delete a file called Vendor, to delete the Hidden one, go to your Start Menu, type in Vendor.exe, and click search everywhere, after that, hit advanced search, be sure to click on the box that says (Include non indexed, hidden and system files) and type in vendor.exe again and let it search, there should be second vendor file that pops up, delete that!

The problem lies in the new Desktop Manager's automatic "Check for Updates" feature. This feature uses your internet connection to look for OS updates for your device from your carrier. When it does this it loads a second virtual vendor.xml file in the temp folder on your computer (Vista users look in C:\Users\Username\appdata\virtualstore.) So, even after you delete the normal one that is installed with the OS and Desktop Manager, the automatic "check for updates" feature loads another one based on the brand of device you've got plugged into the PC.
    06-13-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD