08-24-09 08:57 PM
30 12
tools
    i saw this in the 8900 forums and thought it was really creative.
    so what do you do for a living and how does your bold help you?

for me, im actually only a student entering my first year of high school, but my bold helps me communicate with friends using text, email, twitter, facebook, etc
    and i also use it to organize my daily events
    08-23-09 12:45 PM
    Its like the ultimate pocket size laptop for me. Downsize is youtube does not always work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 01:27 PM
    Its like the ultimate pocket size laptop for me. Downsize is youtube does not always work.

I manage a restaurant, helps me keep track of meetings, conference calls, meeting agendas, schedules, etc. Out of work I'm always reading up on the latest news, and always on crackberry! Hah. Do a little mobile ebayin to, checkin the status of things. About to start using it to keep track of my new band, scheduling, shows, events etc. Man I love this phone.

08-23-09 01:39 PM
    I'm a DJ / Event Promoter / Marketing person and I use social networking a lot for work so the ability to be in touch without having to be near a laptop is a real plus for me.

I went a day without my BB when the trackball stopped scrolling. I knew I had emails but it was frustrating not being able to open them as I couldn't scroll.

I'm also getting into BBM more now as well as it seems a lot of people in the entertainment industry in the UK have Blaclberry and to a degree it's more personal than email comminication when phone calls aren't appropriate.

08-23-09 02:00 PM
    I use mine for everything
    Friends (text, facebook, myspace etc.)
    Mp3 player, pretty much made my ipod useless (i have a car charger so i dont end up having no batter life at the end of the ride)
    I use the calender to mark the days i work, appointments, meetings.
    And its my own personal alarm clock best feature by far.
    Always get to hear new bands out of pandora since i dont have time to browse the web as i use to.
    I love taking random photos of anything or anyone that i find amusing (usually clouds). To bad its only got a 2 mp camera, but that will all change when the onyx comes out
    and lastly emails, i usually have most of my updates (fantasy football, work, family) sent through emails.
    i dont think i could live a day without my BB.
    08-23-09 02:15 PM
    I'm a manager for AT&T and my Blackberry is my life. They tried giving me an iPhone and it was quickly shot down, Blackberrys are more than a phone they are a way of life.
    08-23-09 02:18 PM
    My bold is primarily an organizer. I'm a retail store manager and it keeps me connected. I use it as my alarm (big plus w/ bedside mode) and also stream music at night (helps me fall asleep and I love music). I also get to capture the moment of my son at all times. And lastly its my primary contact for family and friends to get a hold of me.

I REALLY like this phone...

08-23-09 02:20 PM
    Was browsing the forums and decided this would be a good place for my first post :P

Ive had my bold for about a month now, and i love it.
    I use it primarily for keeping in touch with people via msn/BM/facebook/myspace and ofcourse texts!

Im in a band so the calender/facebook sync is extremely handy for keeping track of shows/rehearsals etc (im forgetful!)

Also comes in handy when people need some music on a PA and no one has any decent stuff on their 'beloved' iPods :P
    08-23-09 04:02 PM
    I bbm, facebook, and keep track of events my friends setup through facebook.

I have my work schedule on my phone and whenever I get bored at work I go on CB most of the time.

Everytime I meet someone with a bb and has a data plan I get there pin and expand my bb network. LoL

08-23-09 04:13 PM
    I use if for everything...every day use consist of browsing, music, podcast, bbm, email, text, and games.
    08-23-09 04:14 PM
    I have my schedule, business mail, and productivity apps. when I have free time I usually read news or cb forums.
    08-23-09 04:55 PM
    what do i not use my bold for, should be the question.

basic functions of calling and texting of course.
    it basically eliminated my ipod. yeah i can carry both with me, but why carry two devices when you can carry one universal device.
    pandora is a must when i get tired of the songs on my music player.
    camera to take to take pictures of kodak moments
    i use the voice recorder when i'm driving and i hear a song i want to download when i get home but i dont know the name of it so instead of trying to remember lyrics (because i'll forget it when i get home) or figuring out the name of the song, i just record what i hear and listen to it at home to figure out the songs name. i also use it in class to record my teacher when she says important stuff or when she talks faster than when i write
    i watch movies at work or when im a passenger
    i use the browser
    the maps when i get lost on the road.
    check traffic before i go on the freeway
    use the calendar to schedule my appts, class schedule, clinical rotation schedule, work, quizzes and test, remind me when assignments are due
    memo pad and task app as a "post it note"
    alarm clock!! man i have a hetic schedule, i wake up at different times depending on the day. i schedule all my times so just in case i fall asleep my phone will wake me up. i preset times so i dont have to worry about it later.

AS A STUDENT, wow its the best thing to have in your pocket:
    I'm a Nursing student and i have an app called Nursing Central. this app is a must if your a nursing student. i has a drug book, diseases and disorders, handbook of nursing diagnosis, test and procedures, medical dictonary. Its like 6 books in your pocket. I can walk around my hospital im doing my rotation at and not have to stuff my pockets with books, i can just pull out my blackberry.

Also, my school communicates mainly through email so having instant access to email is important for me.

I can also view word, powerpoint, and pdf files. I can study on the go.

I USE THIS PHONE TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL.

man this is the second best ultimate machine to have. The first ultimate machine is of course a BMW. i dont use the phone and drive though. thats not a must, my life is.
    Last edited by coldfeet06; 08-23-09 at 05:23 PM.
    08-23-09 05:03 PM
    I use my Bold for calls, text, E-Mail, BBM, Aim, Myspace, Browsing, cheking sports scores n news, music...everything lol

Still best blackberry available IMO...
    08-23-09 05:11 PM

it basically eliminated my ipod. yeah i can carry both with me, but why carry two devices when you can carry one universal device.
    i use the voice recorder when i'm driving and i hear a song i want to download when i get home but i dont know the name of it so instead of trying to remember lyrics or figuring out the name of the song, i just record what i hear and listen to it at home to figure out the songs name. i also use it in class to record my teacher when she says important stuff or when she talks faster than when i write
    i use the browser
    use the calendar to schedule my appts, class schedule, clinical rotation schedule, work, quizzes and test, remind me when assignments are due
    alarm clock!! man i have a hetic schedule, i wake up at different times depending on the day. i schedule all my times so just in case i fall asleep my phone will wake me up. i preset times so i dont have to worry about it later.

I'm a Nursing student and i have an app called Nursing Central. this app is a must if your a nursing student. i has a drug book, diseases and disorders, handbook of nursing diagnosis, test and procedures, medical dictonary. Its like 6 books in your books in your pocket. I can walk around my hospital im doing my rotation at and not have to stuff my pockets with books, i can just pull out my blackberry.

Also, my school communicates mainly through email so having instant access to email is important for me.

man this is the second best ultimate machine to have. The first ultimate machine is of course a BMW. i dont use the phone and drive though. thats not a must, my life is.
    Hahaha, I just wanted to say I loved your post. Thanks :P
    08-23-09 05:17 PM
    i saw this in the 8900 forums and thought it was really creative.
    so what do you do for a living and how does your bold help you?

for me, im actually only a student entering my first year of high school, but my bold helps me communicate with friends using text, email, twitter, facebook, etc
    and i also use it to organize my daily events
    You're going into grade 9 and you have a Bold? Wow - that's young! I see high school students with Bolds but they usually start out with something simpler and cheaper and pick up a blackberry in the upper grades.

Here is what I DON'T use my Bold for:
    - music
    - social networking i.e. facebook, twitter, etc
    - BBM - I have one contact

Otherwise, it's a full-service phone for me.
    08-23-09 07:35 PM
    You're going into grade 9 and you have a Bold? Wow - that's young! I see high school students with Bolds but they usually start out with something simpler and cheaper and pick up a blackberry in the upper grades.

Here is what I DON'T use my Bold for:
    - music
    - social networking i.e. facebook, twitter, etc
    - BBM - I have one contact

Otherwise, it's a full-service phone for me.
    I got my first berry at 13. Went to an iphone in grade 8 then to a bold in grade 9. But anyways I use my phone for news and social networking. Keeps me up to date

08-23-09 09:35 PM
    I am a college student. I use my BB for emails (personal, school, and Gmail accounts), text messaging (my school will even text me alerts of closures, class cancellations), Web browsing, calendar, music player (MP3, Slacker), and alarm clock.

I also use DocsToGo to edit Word, Powerpoint, and Excel projects.
    Last edited by lak611; 08-23-09 at 10:40 PM.
    08-23-09 10:32 PM
    I use the video camera with the flash on as a flashlight.
    08-23-09 11:19 PM
    I use the video camera with the flash on as a flashlight.
    Hey, that's cool! I hadn't thought of that. You just gave me a new use.

08-23-09 11:22 PM
    I'm a manger so I use it for email its easy to be out the offices I'm always updated of everything.
    Personal stuff
    Msn, BBm, facebook, the browser, text, music.

I love this phone now I just have to figure out how to update the OS

08-24-09 12:11 AM
    I'm a manager for AT&T and my Blackberry is my life. They tried giving me an iPhone and it was quickly shot down, Blackberrys are more than a phone they are a way of life.
    I know a few at&t store managers and they have iPhones and they all love them..
    08-24-09 12:15 AM
    This is an excellent post !! Very informative!

i use the voice recorder when i'm driving and i hear a song i want to download when i get home but i dont know the name of it so instead of trying to remember lyrics (because i'll forget it when i get home) or figuring out the name of the song, i just record what i hear and listen to it at home to figure out the songs name. i also use it in class to record my teacher when she says important stuff or when she talks faster than when i write
    i use the browser

I'm a Nursing student and i have an app called Nursing Central. this app is a must if your a nursing student. i has a drug book, diseases and disorders, handbook of nursing diagnosis, test and procedures, medical dictonary. Its like 6 books in your pocket. I can walk around my hospital im doing my rotation at and not have to stuff my pockets with books, i can just pull out my blackberry.

08-24-09 12:17 AM
    - social networking - Facebook, twitter, messenger
    - Calendar
    - email
    - Games - the bold is woefully missing PACMAN
    - Phone calls
    - SMS
    - Remote control for laptop
    - alarm clock
    - ebook reader (wattpad)
    - Sync contacts with online account
    - Open and read documents & PDF's
    - Music player
    - Web browsing
    - Video player
    - data storage - 16gb
    - Camera, Video recorder
    - Locator using google maps
    - Dictionary and Thesaurus
    - Flash Light
    - Barcode reader
    - Keeps me company on the Loo
    - I can pretend to my boss im at work when really i am chilling by the pool
    - Makes me feel cool when i use it infront of people without smartphones
    - and so on....
    08-24-09 06:42 AM
    I work as Paint inspector in Dubai - UAE. Actually it is help me a lot. Most of the time I'm out of the city on the vessels and others yards in the Emirate. I also carry the laptop with me but unfortunately no internet connection in some of the yards. So my BB Bold help me to check my e-mails, download documents and print them in order to give to my clients or colleagues, organize my day and also it "make order in my day life" since I'm gone from home almost all the time.
    Last edited by tonkaluk; 08-24-09 at 07:30 AM.
    08-24-09 07:27 AM
    I use my bold for just about everything it has to offer. I even sold my iPod touch since I like the interface on the bold better and like having just one device.
    08-24-09 08:03 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD