On the bold theres the screen itself then the very thin LCD Lens, how do i get that off? is it stuck on by glue?
    07-08-09 11:17 PM
    It comes off but it is very difficult and many people crack their LCD trying to do it. I'm pretty certain it is glued on?
    07-08-09 11:29 PM
    yeah im pretty sure also, cause i tried and didn't even bother.
    07-08-09 11:30 PM
    the LCD screen is glued on to the board, but it can come off and on. Not hard to do.
    07-09-09 12:07 AM
    so how do you do it?
    07-09-09 12:27 AM
    look at videos on how to change the Bold's trackball, and it will show you how to remove the LCD screen. Do it at your own risk. People tend to be /b/***** and get white screens of death.
    07-09-09 12:32 AM
    fabuloso, the OP was referring to the LENS, not the LCD. The lens is glued to the LCD, and the LCD/LENS unit is glued to the motherboard.

The LENS cannot be removed from the LCD without risking cracks in the LCD.

The LENS/LCD unit can easily be removed from the motherboard, as per the CNN video.
    07-09-09 01:24 AM
    its not hard to do et all

use unused sim card to open it
    07-09-09 05:36 AM
    For those of you who aren't reading th OP, the LENS is glued to the LCD and you will most likely crack the LCD trying to remove it.

The entire ASSEMBLY however is easy to remove from the mobo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 11:31 AM
    I have read people using a hair dryer have had luck getting the LENS cover to come off.
    07-09-09 12:03 PM
    It is not an easy thing to take off. I attempted to replace mine a few weeks ago and i never got it off. But once I turned the phone back on i just had a white screen. It sucked but luckily AT&T had no problems replacing it.
    07-09-09 12:43 PM
    Be careful when removing the LCD from the board. The ribbon cable on my LCD seperated from the part that locks into the board. My LCD was toast after that. Had to order a new one.
    07-09-09 04:25 PM
    As far as the lens goes, it is glued onto the LCD. There is a 95% chance you will screw your LCD up by doing this. Not worth the risk at all.
    07-09-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD