If I need to delete several msgs at once, how can I do that? And how can I do caps lock when typing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 12:24 PM
    To delete multiple messages or mark multiple emails read/unread, you first must highlight them. You can only highlight consecutive emails.
    Just place the focus on the first message, hold down a SHIFT key, and scroll the trackpad.
    Then press the DEL key. If the DEL does nothing, click your MENU key (i.e. The BB logo key to left of Trackpad) and select Delete.

(To mark highlighted messages read or unread, after highlighted click ALT+U.

For CAPS Lock, click ALT+R.SHIFT. You can also just hold down either SHIFT key while typing.
    For NUM Lock, click ALT+L.SHiFT. You can also just hold down ALT key while typing.
    shellysells likes this.
    09-22-11 12:41 PM
    Hold down the CAPS key while scrolling down with the trackpad and it will start highlighting the messages, then hit delete to delete them all. You can also go to a date listed in the messages field, hit the menu button and choose delete prior, that deletes all messages prior to that date.

Caps lock is ALT+ Right Caps, number lock is ALT+ Left Caps.
    09-22-11 12:43 PM
    PS if you highlight a date and click MENU, you can also select Mark Prior Opened or Delete Prior.
    09-22-11 12:48 PM
    Tap and hold one finger on a message and then tap another finger on the end of the selection (if you hold it down too long obviously it will show the context menu popup instead).

Easy way to select multiples.
    09-22-11 12:53 PM
    Tap and hold one finger on a message and then tap another finger on the end of the selection (if you hold it down too long obviously it will show the context menu popup instead).

You must have an all-touch Torch because no way is that an "easy" way to select multiples. LOL!
    09-22-11 01:13 PM
    You must have an all-touch Torch because no way is that an "easy" way to select multiples. LOL!
    It's very easy, just not practical if you want to select items that go beyond 1 screen.
    09-22-11 01:14 PM
    It's very easy, just not practical if you want to select items that go beyond 1 screen.
    Hey Papped, thanks forgot that one.

Btw, it doesn't need to be a 2-stepper. You can tap both fingers simultaneously to highlight multiples.
    Splitting hairs�
    09-22-11 01:54 PM

that's the exact same way i do it
    09-22-11 01:58 PM
    Actually find it quite simple. Place 1st finger on the top message, then 2nd on the next message down. Once the two are highlighted you can lift off and can keep selecting down to include as many messages as you want. Once you get the hang of it it's much faster than using the select option or holding keys down.
    09-22-11 01:59 PM
    Tap the first message and then with another figure tap another message below.

After you have a selection. scroll down on the screen to select all message below your first selected group. I have delete many this way.
    09-22-11 02:14 PM
    Click the date header/menu/delete prior.

09-22-11 03:12 PM
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help!

To delete multiple messages or mark multiple emails read/unread, you first must highlight them. You can only highlight consecutive emails.
    Just place the focus on the first message, hold down a SHIFT key, and scroll the trackpad.
    Then press the DEL key. If the DEL does nothing, click your MENU key (i.e. The BB logo key to left of Trackpad) and select Delete.

For CAPS Lock, click ALT+R.SHIFT. You can also just hold down either SHIFT key while typing.
    For NUM Lock, click ALT+L.SHiFT. You can also just hold down ALT key while typing.
    09-22-11 05:54 PM

Great tip and very useful
    07-17-12 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD