how do I protect the bold when I take it along my mountain biking ride?

Should I get the otterbox?

Should I wrap the bold in bubble wrap?
    09-07-08 07:37 PM
    Leave it behind and enjoy the ride. If thats out of the question, Otterbox IMO.
    09-07-08 07:43 PM
    Ya, leave it behind. I have a cheap tracfone I take with me biking and running in case of emergency. You can even forward your calls from your BB if you're expecting an important call.
    09-07-08 07:48 PM
    It's best to leave it at home and take an old, cheap phone. I have an old Motorola phone that I use instead of my Blackberry when I go to places such as Six Flags.

If you don't want to leave it at home, you can use an Otterbox, though I have not used it. I have just heard a lot of great reviews on it.
    09-07-08 07:55 PM
    ...sittin' on your desk at home 'til you bet back...
    09-07-08 08:22 PM
    ...don't take it with you
    09-07-08 09:16 PM
    I cracked my bold screen pullin it out of its protective case today. I have had it just long enough that I need more. Brilliant device, way tooooo fragile. Too fragile to be a mobile device if you ask me. I took my 8700 everywhere. It still works after crashing it on a rock off a mt bike. I am back to using it or paying 800 bucks for a new bold. Almost worth it... what is an otter???

I had the bold for a whoppin 2 days. Can't believe it cracked!!! I am going to have to go to rehab. Back to old reliable 8700 with track wheel and cracked screen. I love it.
    09-07-08 10:00 PM
    Yeah, I wouldn't take it on a MTB ride. I use a rubber case from BlackBerry and take it with me on road rides but use a cheap phone on the dirt and just forward my BB.
    09-07-08 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD