Oh man, do I love my Bold! I had the 8310 before and find my Bold a major improvement over the Curve and think all 83XX users should upgrade. Make sure to upgrade your OS from the crap stock AT&T version and then I'm sure you'll love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 12:21 PM
    I LOVE The Bold, traded the Iphone 3g for it. At first I thought I would return to the Iphone....but I think I'm in love with this phone.
    What i hate about it is the voice key. ( i always press it by accident ) is there a way to turn it off?
    What i like about it EVERYTHING else.
    06-15-09 12:36 PM
    Oh man, do I love my Bold! I had the 8310 before and find my Bold a major improvement over the Curve and think all 83XX users should upgrade. Make sure to upgrade your OS from the crap stock AT&T version and then I'm sure you'll love it.

That is encouraging!

For the person with the voice key issue, is this like a convenience key on the side or what?
    06-15-09 12:44 PM
    All you need to do is get an unbranded Bold or unbrand it yourself to force edge (or use the engineering screens). Not a big deal.
    06-15-09 01:02 PM
    I've wondered about the size of it, is it too big? Whats up with the camera? What is so bad about it?
    not that it's too big-I just used smaller body models for a while before going to the bold again and it just seems so much bigger that it irks me. I actually have really big hands and find it to be great to type on, so its moreso the feeling of having a vcr in your purse (or pocket) instead of just having a small device. jmo.

the camera I don't like at all. not sure how you felt about the pics the 8310 took, but they are in a similar boat. the photos come out washed out for some reason.

most people who are buying this device could care less about the phone or the size though, I think you'll be more than happy with it especially coming from the 8310.
    06-15-09 01:45 PM
    I value my Bold more than the people around me.

Posted from a position of great sarcasm...

In reality...I like my Bold very much. Runs smooth and quick, proves useful in new ways almost daily and satisfies my penchant for gadgetry.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-15-09 at 01:53 PM.
    06-15-09 01:50 PM
    I value my Bold more than the people around me.
    haha nice
    06-15-09 02:16 PM
    No doubt, leaps and bounds superior to the Curve. The Curve is fantastic but they are clearly two different devices. Go for it!

06-15-09 02:38 PM
    I have had my Bold for only a month, but really love it so far. I have had no problems at all.
    06-15-09 04:04 PM
    IMO, one of the greatest phones. The only thing holding it back is the camera, inability to install apps via SD cards, no real file explorer, and no real threaded text messaging.
    06-15-09 04:08 PM
    The ONLY but major flaw for me is the inability to install apps on a sd card. It's just absurdly ridiculous. WHYYYYY? Otherwise I love the phone. Browser could be faster too.
    06-15-09 06:25 PM
    I love the phone except for the small application memory!!!!!

06-15-09 06:31 PM
    I've had cell phones of all species since 1987. The Bold is the best one ever. Even if the only thing about it were the amazing screen, it would be head and shoulders over other pretenders.

It is marketed for different uses than the I-Phone. You will have to be the judge for your final uses and objectives. For keeping in touch with business, associates, or family you will have more options with a Bold than other choices, IMHO.

I admit to loving it
    06-15-09 06:40 PM
    I love the phone. I've had it for just under 2 weeks now, and I am completely addicted to it. Getting emails as soon as the come, checking the weather without having to turn my computer on, the benefits are endless. I'm still looking around for what apps I should install (free is always better, but if its worth it, I'll buy it). I also want to install the .266 OS, but I want to do it when I am sure I know what to do.
    06-15-09 06:41 PM
    I love it. It's a big upgrade for me. I had the 8310 Curve, I got it off ebay. I was a nice 'starter' blackberry. LOL

I love my Bold!!
    06-15-09 06:47 PM
    My simple take since I just got my Bold:

I was on the fence regarding the Bold or Curve 8900...

Both are amazing phones but ultimately I went with the Bold.

The Curve has its own unique design and its extremely "sexy"... For me, it was a little on the small side and I did have some trouble with the keyboard, though if I had it, I would probably be proficient with it, It also has more flash memory and a WAY better camera (3.2 MP with autofocus). I have also heard the trackball is "slightly" more responsive.

The Bold, some say is too big, but for me felt right. I liked the keyboard right away, and though others disagree, I like the leather backing as opposed to shinier plastic. It has the strongest processor and has 3G. The camera is probably my only "knock" against this phone. It's good enough to take pics of random things but is not really note-worthy and is similar to the camera found in previous versions. Though I do have a 10 megapixel digital camera for photos

In the end, it comes down to whether your a more Data or heavy Blackberry user or just a general blackberry user.
    06-15-09 07:26 PM
    Have had my bold for about 2 months ago and love it. At first it seemed really big now I've grown so use to it that I don't even notice it anymore. It has an amazing keyboard, makes it awesome to type on. Camera isn't bad in my opinion, only 2mp but has good quality and mp aren't always everything. I do recommend upgrading the OS (I'm using .266) will free up TONS of memory and will run so much smoother. When skyfire releases their new browser this will make it an even better device.

06-15-09 07:31 PM
    I went from an iPhone 3g to a Black Berry bold, I dont know why i didnt get the bold first, maybe it was b/c i like macs but once i got my bold (yesterday) everything about the iphone is nothing compared to my bold. better use for me with my lifestyle then having to worry about cracking my screen on my iphne (which i did). no problems here, now its time to play around with it a little more and get the hang of it.

btw, THE BOLD IS SWEET!!!!
    06-15-09 07:47 PM
    Love my phone. Except maybe now I would have went with a 8900. Not much of a difference between 3g and edge where I live.
    06-15-09 08:10 PM
    I went with the Bold b/c:
    1) It was free (weekend Wirefly special)
    2) It was 3G capable (no 3G in my area, but due in the next year or so)
    3) Fastest BB processor
    4) "Almost" highest res screen (on a keyboard model)

This is my 1st smartphone. Before I carried a Razr and a Palm TX. I loved my Palm, but it looked to me the Palm OS was near defunct.
    I loved the fact that on my Palm, I could install apps or files on ram or SD card. I don't like the limited Bold ram.

If you don't need/want 3G, you should REALLY consider an 8900. More app ram, slightly bigger screen,better camera and almost as fast a processer.

06-15-09 08:11 PM
    Actually the Curve has a smaller screen but has a slightly increased pixel count... Both have shown to be nearly identical and hardly anyone can tell the difference.

All in all, The curve 8900 is smaller, better camera, more internal ram

While the Bold is bigger, has 3g, better processor etc...
    06-15-09 08:14 PM
    I traded up to a Bold from an 8900, and I will admit, the 8900, for a lot of people, could be the perfect device.

I got the Bold for a few reasons, firstly (even though its slightly stupid) I like the look of the Bold over the look of the 8900, from how the keyboard sits to the back of the device, with the "square" around the camera, including the BlackBerry logo, I just think that the Bold looks like a nicer device then the 8900 does.

But I also chose it for the keyboard, The 8900 features a major annoyance, the "keymat" (the plastic buttons that sit on top of the lower assembly) actually moves in almost any direction, this makes for a major annoyance when trying to type and also varies completely on each individual phone

My Bold came unlocked, with I could have done with my 8900, but having a phone that is unlocked gives me the ability to take my Bold with me to the UK, Australia and any area with a GSM network that works with the bands it supports.
    06-15-09 09:24 PM
    3G
    Slighly faster processor
    Slighly larger keyboard
    Slightly better audio speaker
    Looks more upscale (opinion)

Slightly smaller
    Slighly better display
    Slighly better camera/auto focus
    Better battery life/no 3G to drain it
    More application memory
    $50 cheaper

Main differnces for the most part everything else is based on opinions. I have a Bold but have used a friends 8900. They are both nice and you will be happy with which everone you pick based on your needs.

06-15-09 10:30 PM
    I wish they would just remake the bold with the better camera, I love the way the bold looks. Not a fan of the 8900 at all
    06-15-09 10:50 PM
    im so happy my curve took a dive! i am in total lust with my bold. the apps run so smoothly and so fast. ive had it for a few months only experience 2 hang ups..but not on my end but from my friend..shes got the iphone and hers does that a lot. overall switching from curve to bold. i say do it! u will love it and be more addicted to bb's than ever before.
    06-15-09 10:56 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD