View Poll Results: How do you feel about the 9900/9930?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely AWESOME!

77 58.33%
  • Very good device!

35 26.52%
  • Solid device, nothing more!

6 4.55%
  • Expectation was higher!

12 9.09%
  • So disappointed about the device! Very bad!

2 1.52%
    Hey guys,

i would like to start a poll of how your feelings are about the 9900/9930.
    Please let me/us know!

regards
    xrH
    08-18-11 01:25 PM
    Amazing keyboard, horrible touchscreen

Trackpad just died today.

New one being shipped tomorrow.

I miss my 8100.

08-18-11 01:29 PM
    Laz you need to jump ship
    you are one of the most negative users.

i think you pissed off the wrong person at RIM and that is why you have such **** luck
    08-18-11 01:31 PM

I miss my 8100.

You must be using a fake 9900 then because the touch is flawless.
    08-18-11 01:40 PM

I miss my 8100.

Are you serious? The touchpad is wonderful. The keyboard's even better.

That's really unfortunate that you already got a broken trackpad. Glad they're shipping you another though. Hope it works out better for you!
    bdad14 likes this.
    08-18-11 01:45 PM
    Switched from storm 2 and never looking back!
    08-18-11 01:55 PM
    Laz you need to jump ship
    you are one of the most negative users.

i think you pissed off the wrong person at RIM and that is why you have such **** luck
    Bwahhh now that's funny

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 01:58 PM
    I love the device itself, the OS is so so. I think at least uninstalling apps should not require to boot the phone by now and the camera is average to me.
    I think it's a very good device.
    08-18-11 02:02 PM
    love this device!
    yerfgofe likes this.
    08-18-11 02:10 PM
    The keyboard is too good, I havent gotten used to being so comfortable when I type.
    The screen is nice and clear, I like the size overall I think this is the BB I was hoping for when I bought my first Curve years ago. The weight and thinness is taking some getting use to. I had a Seideo large battery in my Tour, then used it also in my 9650. I got used to the weight and heft. With that missing I fumble a bit with this phone. Time for a nice protective case, which I could never have with the other phone and that big battery. I find myself making unintentional selections on the touchscreen when I use the trackpad sometimes, I have to be more careful. I never bought a touch screen phone before, mainly because I never wanted one. But my wife had to have a DroidX, and after helping her along with her troubles, I found myself tapping at the screen of my old 9650. So I guess the time will come when I make full use of this touch screen as well.
    Overall its the Blackberry I always wanted. Add to that the touch screen and great OS, Im a happy guy.
    08-18-11 02:46 PM
    The best thing RIM has ever released, period.
    MissJennell#IM and yerfgofe like this.
    08-18-11 02:56 PM
    Don't miss my iphone 4 yet.. But i miss tiny wings
    totallygone, yerfgofe and keenan6 like this.
    08-18-11 02:59 PM
    I rated as a "Very good device!" only because I'm really bummed out about the auto-focus.
    08-18-11 03:04 PM
    Being my first blackberry phone, I have to say that its really really cool.

It came to a point where I couldn't stand my Nexus S and had to change, really glad I chose this phone.
    08-18-11 03:26 PM
    coming from a storm 1 to a LG ENVY ( storm broke ) to a 9930. its an amazing feeling to have a blackberry again.
    08-18-11 03:27 PM
    I gave it a very good.

I still have concerns compared to my 9650.....

- BBM is much slower and usually goes red square for a few seconds before sending.
    - Text is also slower
    - Bluetooth range is smaller by about half the distance.

All these seem reception related I guess.

- Battery doesn't last as long.

Other than these minor issues, I love the phone.
    08-18-11 03:34 PM
    While I did love the hardware and the keyboard is awesome, I didn't feel as though the OS had seen enough of an upgrade to keep it. I returned my 9930 today and went back to an HTC Trophy. I'll give BlackBerry another look once the QNX phones are released.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    08-18-11 03:39 PM
    Best ever, full stop. :P

08-18-11 03:58 PM
    I gave a vote for awesome. I am so happy with it. The keyboard is so amazing. I missed that the most coming from a Droid and iPhone. I am still getting everything organized the way I like it, but this phone is what I was looking for. I have seen a few people complain about the battery life. Today was the first day of full use and I unplugged at 6am and now at 5pm I still have over half the battery left. I would say today was a pretty heavy use day for me so I am happy with that.
    08-18-11 04:10 PM
    My wife just got this phone and it is awesome! Between the 2 of us we have had the Pearl, Curve, Storm 1 and 2. This is the best yet! I have the Storm 2 and I'm going to wait for either the all touch model or the Colt QNX to come out. I'm used to the larger screen and virtual keyboard. This is SO much better than either of the Storms. We don't use the camera much so that wasn't an issue. My wife has a Playbook and the bridge works great! speed on the browser on OS7 is much improved. The only thing that could have been better would have been if it was
    4g. I think RIM got it RIGHT with this phone!
    08-18-11 04:20 PM
    Funny I was just about to do a thread like this after the day I've had...

Ok today was a day when I needed this thing to really show me what's up.

I had a full day and had to use everything from email to gps to the music player to sample theme songs and it performed perfectly!! I mean the web browser the voice search option EVERYTHING!! I'm so happy can you tell?

I typed out emails till my fingers hurt and bbmed like a mad man.

One thing I must say though is that the battery is not the usual bb battery that I'm used to on my Torch but I guess that a small price to pay to have everything look sharper.

Awesome phone!!!
    08-18-11 04:29 PM
    I am still on the fence at this time I want to get some of the issues I am having with it fixed first. I think my camera is defective so I might get a replacement and see what the difference is.

08-18-11 04:35 PM
    Best BB I have owned to date!!! Loving the touch screen. Have not had any issues with my device (knock on wood). Solid build, faster OS,
    Touch + Track = Win!!
    08-18-11 04:42 PM
    Coming from a 9650 my most recent berry, this is by far the best berry I've owned, impressed all around, everything is faster from bbm to browsing, the keyboard+touch combo is killer.

08-18-11 04:55 PM
    I feel like I went from a Ford Fairlane (Original Tour 9630 complete w/trackball) to a BMW (9930)!!
    08-18-11 05:03 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD