The other day I enabled Memory Cleaning. I'm trying to disable it but there's a lock symbol next to it prohibiting me from disabling it. Is there any way i can disable this?
    07-20-09 11:24 AM
    Batt Pull, that's what work for the curve
    07-20-09 11:37 AM
    A lock symbol? Does your phone have an IT policy on it?
    07-20-09 11:38 AM
    A lock symbol? Does your phone have an IT policy on it?
    I don't believe so.
    07-20-09 11:48 AM
    Do you have the LogMaid app by chance?

My phone also had this happen a few OS loads ago. Has been hanging around ever since. I DO have LogMaid so I assumed that app caused it...
    07-20-09 11:48 AM
    If you enable Content Protection, under Security Options->General Settings, it will enforce memory cleaning.

Doug
    07-20-09 12:01 PM
    Do you have the LogMaid app by chance?

My phone also had this happen a few OS loads ago. Has been hanging around ever since. I DO have LogMaid so I assumed that app caused it...
    No, I don't have that.
    07-20-09 12:14 PM
    If you enable Content Protection, under Security Options->General Settings, it will enforce memory cleaning.

Doug
    I DON'T have Content Protection enabled but I DO have Content Compression enabled.
    07-20-09 12:18 PM
    Where did you get the phone from?

It's possible that there is an IT policy on it. If you got it from AT&T new, then
    it's possible that an app that you installed put an IT policy on the phone. If
    it does have it, no worries.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...e+an+it+policy
    07-20-09 12:20 PM
    Do you have WorldMate Live? That app also enforces memory cleaning for some reason.
    07-20-09 12:28 PM
    I had a very tiny lock symbol to the bottom right of my "Enabled" as well. On .216. I don't know why - but, then when I loaded .282, I no longer had the lock symbol, and I could then disable it.
    07-20-09 12:29 PM
    Where did you get the phone from?

It's possible that there is an IT policy on it. If you got it from AT&T new, then
    it's possible that an app that you installed put an IT policy on the phone. If
    it does have it, no worries.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...e+an+it+policy
    Thank you so much.
    07-20-09 12:40 PM
    I had a very tiny lock symbol to the bottom right of my "Enabled" as well. On .216. I don't know why - but, then when I loaded .282, I no longer had the lock symbol, and I could then disable it.
    That is what I had, a tiny symbol.

Doug
    That caused it... I just disabled it. Of course, i re-enabled it.

BB's may be the safest smartphones out, but they aren't setup that way out of the box. You have to do a little work yourself.

I read a great paper about it yesterday, i should post it when i get off work. It was kind of dated, i think, because I had alot more permissions available than what "he" described.
    07-20-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD