i currently have the 8310...love the keyboard. debating to get the 9700. the keyboard on the 9700 looks like earlier 8820...keyboard looks really cram, no space in between each keys. i didn't really like the 8820 keyboard. so who here upgraded from the 83xx to the 9700 and like the keyboard? thx in advance.
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 12-24-09 at 11:54 PM.
    12-24-09 11:49 PM
    i came from bold 9000, and i miss bold 9000 's keyboard
    12-24-09 11:55 PM
    i came from bold 9000, and i miss bold 9000 's keyboard
    excuse me if this sounds stupid...but looking at the keyboard pix between the 9000 and 9700...it looks the same to me. how are they both different?
    12-25-09 12:00 AM
    also both at&t and tmobile now have the 9700...both are 3g...if u get the phone..can u get the phone to work on either network and use their 3g, or it only be EDGE at best? dont at&t use hspda and tmobile uses uma or something? both are compatible with each other?
    12-25-09 12:01 AM
    also both at&t and tmobile now have the 9700...both are 3g...if u get the phone..can u get the phone to work on either network and use their 3g, or it only be EDGE at best? dont at&t use hspda and tmobile uses uma or something? both are compatible with each other?
    AT&T and T-mobile HSPDA run on different frequencies, so they will not be compatible. EDGE will be. UMA only runs on t-mobile.
    12-25-09 12:05 AM
    Absolutely love it. The 9000 was easier... But this is pretty easy to text on.... I have med size hands. If you got big fingers.... Prob not for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 12:08 AM
    excuse me if this sounds stupid...but looking at the keyboard pix between the 9000 and 9700...it looks the same to me. how are they both different?

There is a difference in keyboard size and feel from the Bold 9000 in comparison to the Bold 9700. the difference is apparent, and if you ask any tranplant users that once had the Bold 9000 im sure they will be more then happy to express their complaints in this department. With that being said the 9700 Keyboard is still not an 8820's keyboard and works pretty efficiently.

I have all three phones mentioned in this post and the 9000 is by far the best followed by the 9700 and then the 8820.

It is in conclusion the Bold 9700 is better then the 8820 and im sure you would be satisfied with its faster speek and ok keyboard and larger on board memory.
    12-25-09 12:15 AM
    i currently have the 8310...love the keyboard. debating to get the 9700. the keyboard on the 9700 looks like earlier 8820...keyboard looks really cram, no space in between each keys. i didn't really like the 8820 keyboard. so who here upgraded from the 83xx to the 9700 and like the keyboard? thx in advance.
    My love affair with the 9700 grows by the day. With that said, the 9700 keyboard seems slightly smaller than my former 8900. Nothing that bothers me. But slightly smaller.
    12-25-09 12:19 AM
    Dedicated to mods who love to abuse their power: We're supposed to have the freedom to express ourselves in any manner we deem fit. Last time I checked, America hasn't fell THAT far into fascism. Then again, I could be wrong... "

i'm talking to mods on the other blackberry forum...and not this forum...this forum rules and i will never return to that other mod nazi forum.
    Unfortunately you must always question the motives of any who seek authority over others in general. More specifically you also must especially question the motivation of those who seek authority over others for no compensation.

Without close management, board mods almost always start believing they have special powers and special rights over others. Frequently true even if those beliefs are not in line with the management/ownership of the board.

CrackBerry is an excellent board but it is not without its mod issues either.

Vigiliance is always a requisite companion of freedom.
    12-25-09 12:36 AM
    I like it a lot. The 9000 was better for my large thumbs though.
    I like having a smaller device so, nice trade off.

12-25-09 12:36 AM
    I have both a 9000 and 9700 beside me right now (9700 is my christmas present )

I personally have had a Bold off and on for a months, and I prefer the Bold 9000 over the 9700, It's just more comfortable to use, Yet again I've only had this phone for >24 hours, so who knows just yet.
    12-25-09 01:40 AM
    It's not only the keyboard, but the overall size of the 9000 that I prefer. My 9700 is an exceptionally awesome phone, but I would have loved to see it a bit bigger.

Nonetheless, I love my 9700. Very happy with it.
    12-25-09 01:51 AM
    I have both a 9000 and 9700 beside me right now (9700 is my christmas present )

I personally have had a Bold off and on for a months, and I prefer the Bold 9000 over the 9700, It's just more comfortable to use, Yet again I've only had this phone for >24 hours, so who knows just yet.
    same, I'm getting one for christmas

but yeah, I sort of thought that the 9700 keyboard was meant to be an improvement of the 9000 keyboard?

one of my friends who got one said that it was noticeably different for the first week or so but is now much nicer/better than the 9000 keyboard..

guess its also up to personal preference really...
    12-25-09 02:05 AM
    I loved the keyboard on my 8320, enough so that when I got my 9700 it was difficult getting used to the button layout. However as time went on I love the new keyboard. Very responsive and spaced well. The 'frets' between the rows of keys is a nice touch as well

12-25-09 02:30 AM
    I came from using a 8320. it was definitely easier to type with the 8320 but i'm getting used to the 9700 and enjoying it more and more every time i use it.
    12-25-09 03:05 AM
    The 9700 is the best keyboard I've ever used on any phone and I've used just about every single one. I had the 8310 for about a year and I would pick the 9700 over it any day.

12-25-09 03:19 AM
    AT&T and T-mobile HSPDA run on different frequencies, so they will not be compatible. EDGE will be. UMA only runs on t-mobile.
    ok which 3g is better? at&t or tmobile? when i mean better...i mean faster download/upload speed? what is the maximum are u getting in ur city?

also let's say u get a t-mobile 9700 and then unlock..can u still use it on at&t network, but you will be only getting EDGE...is that correct? and vice-versa?
    12-25-09 08:31 AM
    Several tests have proved that At&t has the fastest 3g, over all carriers including verizon.

And about the unlocking, I'm not completely sure, but I think that you are correct, that if you unlock the phone and put it on a different carrier, you will only get EDGE.
    12-25-09 08:56 AM
    I use a 8320 and have tried the 9700 for a week,and i'm satisfied. It feels nice and the tactile feedback is also great.
    12-25-09 09:13 AM
    Like it a lot.
    12-25-09 09:24 AM
    I can't stand the 9700 keyboard but I'm coming from a 9000 and it was bigger. I was spoiled. I love all the rest of it though so I tolerate the keyboard on the 9700. I have just stopped fixing all my typos and make everyone suffer.
    12-25-09 09:30 AM
    ok which 3g is better? at&t or tmobile?
    There is no doubt that AT&T gets all the awards for running the best propaganda ... err, I mean ... advertising campaigns. And they do attract some rabid supporters who defend them even when the facts clearly prove that defending them is not really practical or the most accurate course of action. So let's just look at the options and stick with indisputable facts:

1.) Data: Both T-Mobile and AT&T have 3G networks. But that is where the similarities begin and end. CNet just last week critically reviewed AT&T's data network. Their findings were not in AT&T's favor and CNet indicated that AT&T's network is seriously broken. CNet has issued no negative reports on T-Mobile's data network.

2.) Consumer Happiness: Consumers Reports reviews mobile carriers every year and every year AT&T seems to come in dead last at the bottom of the rankings. This year is no exception. Consumer Reports just rated AT&T as the WORST carrier in the USA. T-Mobile has never been rated as the worst carrier in the nation and AT&T has over and over and over. You'd think this would be a source of incredible embarrassment to AT&T and their defenders.

3.) Strength of Operations: T-Mobile is the 6th-largest mobile carrier on the planet. AT&T doesn't even make the top ten and at last report comes in at 17th.

Anyone can claim that any service provider gives them acceptable service. That claim is valid for that person but it is a ridiculous standard of evaluation when it comes to rating the overall prowess of any company. There may be some people who made money with Bernie Madoff and didn't get stung but that doesn't rehabilitate Bernie Madoff. AT&T is consistently rated as a poor carrier. If any particular supporter likes them, that's fine, anyone can use any company they wish. This is a free country. But the facts remain indisputable ... AT&T isn't a very good carrier.
    12-25-09 10:01 AM
    Several tests have proved that At&t has the fastest 3g, over all carriers including verizon.
    Note is taken that you conveniently omit showing us any data on these "several (mysterious) tests."

CNet reports AT&T's network is seriously broken. You can put an automotive engine on a bench and do an engine bench test and you might get great performance numbers. How those numbers shape up after you connect that same engine to a drivetrain is a different matter.

Whether you drive a 500-hp sports car or a 96-hp economy car, what's going on under that hood is useless if the engine's torque doesn't get to the wheels.

And if you can't get connected to AT&T's network because, as CNet reports, it is stressed to the point of breaking due to congestion, all the "mysterious, unnamed tests" are meaningless.
    12-25-09 10:12 AM
    I use a 8320 and have tried the 9700 for a week,and i'm satisfied. It feels nice and the tactile feedback is also great.
    My love affair with the 9700 grows everyday. What a nice device.
    12-25-09 10:15 AM
    There is no doubt that AT&T gets all the awards for running the best propaganda ... err, I mean ... advertising campaigns. And they do attract some rabid supporters who defend them even when the facts clearly prove that defending them is not really practical or the most accurate course of action. So let's just look at the options and stick with indisputable facts:

1.) Data: Both T-Mobile and AT&T have 3G networks. But that is where the similarities begin and end. CNet just last week critically reviewed AT&T's data network. Their findings were not in AT&T's favor and CNet indicated that AT&T's network is seriously broken. CNet has issued no negative reports on T-Mobile's data network.

2.) Consumer Happiness: Consumers Reports reviews mobile carriers every year and every year AT&T seems to come in dead last at the bottom of the rankings. This year is no exception. Consumer Reports just rated AT&T as the WORST carrier in the USA. T-Mobile has never been rated as the worst carrier in the nation and AT&T has over and over and over. You'd think this would be a source of incredible embarrassment to AT&T and their defenders.

3.) Strength of Operations: T-Mobile is the 6th-largest mobile carrier on the planet. AT&T doesn't even make the top ten and at last report comes in at 17th.

Anyone can claim that any service provider gives them acceptable service. That claim is valid for that person but it is a ridiculous standard of evaluation when it comes to rating the overall prowess of any company. There may be some people who made money with Bernie Madoff and didn't get stung but that doesn't rehabilitate Bernie Madoff. AT&T is consistently rated as a poor carrier. If any particular supporter likes them, that's fine, anyone can use any company they wish. This is a free country. But the facts remain indisputable ... AT&T isn't a very good carrier.
    Fanboy alert!
    I pay a monthly fee to both carriers so I'm qualified to call BS on your biased opinion
    To answer the original question ATT is faster and in most cases has better coverage than TMO
    ATT allows simultaneous data and voice Xmission and TMO does not. (3G)
    In the US tmo is considered 3d rate behind ATT and VZW

12-25-09 10:41 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD