03-06-13 06:29 PM
27 12
tools
    Please help me!!!

I would like to know how to record my voice conversations with others on my Blackberry bold 9000. Since this is one of the latest blackberry models, I would think it would have some sort of recording conversation button like some of the older phones can record. I am aware of the Voice Note Recording, however thats not what I'm trying record. Im simply trying to record some conversations of me and the other person I'm talking to.

A little help would be nice.

Thank you,

Gabby X.
    08-01-09 10:10 PM
    its not possible.
    08-01-09 10:10 PM
    its not possible.
    well I guess this isn't a smart phone then. Yeah I was afraid it was impossible
    08-01-09 10:12 PM
    You can record your calls through Google Voice. I think its the 4 key that starts recording. Just one of the great features it offers.
    08-01-09 10:23 PM
    You can record your calls through Google Voice. I think its the 4 key that starts recording. Just one of the great features it offers.
    I have Google Voice, and I didn't know it could do that. Way cool! I'll have to check it out. Has anyone else used it?
    08-01-09 11:14 PM
    I have Google Voice, and I didn't know it could do that. Way cool! I'll have to check it out. Has anyone else used it?
    I've used it once (just got my GV invite this week) and it worked great for me).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 11:36 PM
    We can't have it in Canada *cries*
    08-02-09 12:09 AM
    not in Canada... why? is it because we can't record phone calls without both parties know it is being recorded?
    08-02-09 12:36 AM
    Whoah whoah whoah!!! Google voice? *goes to google google voice*
    Mind if I add an invite request?

Last edited by Shizomou; 08-02-09 at 12:48 AM.
    08-02-09 12:38 AM
    Google voice is not available in Canada but will be "in the next few weeks" - It is by invitation only but you can sign up to be alerted when it is available.
    08-02-09 12:45 AM
    Yeah same thing here in Indonesia
    08-02-09 12:49 AM
    I recorded a 40 minute call the other night.

Features : Recording phone calls - Google Voice Help
    08-02-09 12:58 AM
    I have an invitation to Google Voice, but when I went to sign up it told me it isn't available in Canada
    08-02-09 01:01 AM
    Google voice is not available in Canada but will be "in the next few weeks" - It is by invitation only but you can sign up to be alerted when it is available.
    How do you know it will be available in Canada in a few weeks?!

08-02-09 01:04 AM
    Yes, inquiring minds want to know!
    08-02-09 01:08 AM
    Not sure about Canada, but for those in US, check your state laws to make sure your not setting yourself up for a lawsuit..Google voice is great for this, plus you can have the file sent to your device email for storage or leave it in the GV account...

08-02-09 01:16 AM
    Google voice sounds freaking awesome I just put in the invite request.
    08-02-09 01:23 AM
    Not sure about Canada, but for those in US, check your state laws to make sure your not setting yourself up for a lawsuit..Google voice is great for this, plus you can have the file sent to your device email for storage or leave it in the GV account...

It actually isn't illegal if you advise the person you're speaking with that the conversation is being recorded!
    08-02-09 01:46 AM
    Google voice sounds freaking awesome I just put in the invite request.
    It IS very awesome. Still has some growth ahead, but like everything else Google, it is soooo innovative and definitely ahead of the curve in terms of what's out there currently.

08-02-09 02:03 AM
    Me= Jellis.
    08-02-09 02:06 AM
    *In the next few weeks* is a when Google stated GV would be avail to the public when they 1st announced the switch from GrandCentral. Its become a joke because ina a few weeks has been almost 5 months now.
    Call recording is only avail for inbound calls with GV. To record outbound calls on BB, do a search on CB forums for "drop.io"

08-02-09 02:37 AM
    how about invite me to gv? lolz
    08-02-09 09:17 PM
    I have an irate person that has been calling me and saying some pretty mean stuff. Please help me get google voice and info on how to use it.
    08-06-09 01:57 PM
    I just got my GV invite, it only took 1 day after sign up. Great so far but I have no desire to record calls. Good to know though.
    08-06-09 02:04 PM
    You Google Voicers should know that when you record those conversations, Google is going to keep them, even if you record them. They will index them, build a profile on you based on your calls and sell the information for marketing purposes (its how they make $ on your clicks).

BTW: it is illegal in the US to record a phone call without the other party knowing...(hello Linda Tripp).

You could always use some old technology:

Cell Phone Recorder works as home phone recorder and cell phone recorder

Otherwise...dont look like it.
    08-07-09 10:03 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD