Long time reader, first time poster.
    I've had the phone for about a week and I absolutely love it except that at seemingly random moments my phone will block the viewing of any and all of my SMS messages saying "Content protection is enabled". It will show up at the beginning of newly received messages and even in the middle of real-time conversations between someone else and I and then I have to wait for the message to "go away" so I can read what the response was and continue the conversation.
    Is it something I'm doing? A default phone feature? Is anyone else experiencing this issue or at least know how to solve it?

Any assistance would be appreciated!
    06-09-10 09:38 PM
    Go to options>security options>firewall and make sure SMS is not checked...try that and let me know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 09:55 PM
    Nope, all of the options are unchecked
    06-09-10 09:57 PM
    Nope, all of the options are unchecked
    Okay, go to options>security options>encryption and see if that is enabled... Mine is turned off...
    Last edited by sf18443; 06-09-10 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Typo
    06-09-10 10:05 PM
    It was set to enabled. I'm not exactly sure what putting it on "disabled" will do but if it stops temporarily blocking SMS messages then I'm all for it. Thanks for the help!
    06-09-10 10:09 PM
    It was set to enabled. I'm not exactly sure what putting it on "disabled" will do but if it stops temporarily blocking SMS messages then I'm all for it. Thanks for the help!
    According to RIM:
    Content protection is designed to encrypt your BlackBerry� device data. When content protection is turned on, your device uses a private key to encrypt data as it is stored on the device, including data that your device receives when it is locked. Your device decrypts data as you access it.

You can set content protection to include or exclude your contacts. If you turn on content protection for contacts and you receive a call when the device is locked, the caller name does not appear on the screen.

When you lock your device, an open lock indicator appears in the device status section of the screen to indicate that your device is deleting a copy of the private key from the temporary device memory. A lock indicator appears when the device has deleted the key.
    06-09-10 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD